Search results

1. WorldPeace

Diamond vs Morton

Anyone experience any problems with Diamond Crystal Bright and Soft pellets recently? I know this has been discussed many times before but I'm wondering if the slightly grey color of Morton Clean and Protect salts are fine. My back story is the following. Recently, my brine tank was...
  2. WorldPeace

White, Milky Substance in Brine Tank

My System Info 64k-56SXT-10 Brand AFWFilters Capacity 64k Resin 10% crosslink Resin Tank Size 2.0 cubic ft Brine Tank Size 18"x40" Round Brine Tank with Float and Air Check Brine Fill Rate (BLFC) .5 GPM DLFC 3.5 GPM Injector #2 Service flow 10 GPM Peak flow 15 GPM Flow required for backwash 4...
  3. WorldPeace

"Resetting" the Resin in a Water Softener

Hello, Community, I have a perplexing problem. I installed a water softener earlier this year. It worked great in the beginning. However, unbeknownst to me, there was a leak in the Brine Draw tube. So, for 2 months, the control head was never actually drawing brine from the brine tank. So...
  4. WorldPeace

Understanding Fleck Settings

I was wondering what the Fleck settings ultimately do on the Fleck 5600 SXT control head. When you adjust the capacity (C), hardness (h), and safety factor (SF), does it simply change the amount of water that's softened before it starts the regeneration cycle? When I change these settings...
  5. WorldPeace

Effectiveness of Resin in Water Softener

Hello, Everyone, I recently installed a new water softener about 2 months ago. When first installed, it worked great. The water actually felt soft (aka slippery). Dishes in the dishwasher came out sparkling. But, now, the water isn't as soft. The water doesn't feel as slippery as before...
  6. WorldPeace

Navien NPE-240A - Temperature Fluctuations

I recently installed a Navien NPE-240A. The water temperature fluctuates 20 degrees when I take a shower. Navien currently does not have tech support for homeowners but I was able to troubleshoot and determine the source of the problem. When I have the tankless water heater set to 125 degrees...
  7. WorldPeace

Optimal Settings for Fleck 5600.

Hey, Guys, This is a great forum and I really appreciate the help that's been provided. I've read the posts on the best-recommended settings for a Fleck 5600 control but I just wanted to verify that I have it set correctly since I still am not sure what everything means. Any suggestion is...
  8. WorldPeace

Best Water Softener Salt

I've looked around but I can't seem to find any info on the best brands for water softener salt. I've read that evaporated salt is the best because the purity is at 99.99%. Unfortunately, no retailer publishes the type of salt they are selling. On BobVilla.com, it states that Moron salt is...
  9. WorldPeace

Possible Cross-Contamination in APEC RO Water Filters. Is Air Gap Necessary?

I recently installed an APEC reverse-osmosis under-the-sink water filter for my home. And, I was surprised that it didn't include an air-gap faucet. It appears that other leading water filter brands do not include one either. It's an upgrade. I'm wondering why there isn't more concern over...
  10. WorldPeace

Sharkbite cap, Identifying a Pipe Fitting

I was wondering about this fitting's purpose. It's located on the cold water line before it enters the tankless water heater. Is this a cap? What is its purpose? (I'm guessing that it used to be the line that supplied that steam boiler. But, if that's the case, it was supplying cold water...
  11. WorldPeace

Copper Kitchen P-Trap and Drain

I've been reading a popular plumbing book by Hemp. He suggested making the kitchen drain assembly completely out of copper all the way up to the main drain/sewer and then insulating it. He found that it decreases the chances of clogs because copper retains heat better. He did admit that this...
  12. WorldPeace

Installing Water Hammer Arrestor at the End of a Long Pipe Run

Location of a Water Hammer Arrestor. I'm trying to minimize the water hammer emanating from my fixtures. I know they are typically placed as close as possible to the fixture's valve. But, instead of placing one at every single fixture, I was thinking about creating a whole-house arrestor by...
  13. WorldPeace

Using Insulated Pipe Supports for PEX Pipe

I notice that people strap their PEX pipe to floor joists first and then install pipe insulation. I'm thinking about doing it in reverse order. I wanted to install the pipe insulation and then fix the insulated PEX pipe. Not only would it maintain the seal of the insulation but overall...
  14. WorldPeace

Is a Liner for Copper Pipe Hangers Necessary?

I am installing a copper manifold for my home water supply. I'm going to use these copper bell hanger straps to fix the copper manifold to plywood. But, I notice that they don't include a liner. But, I've also seen pipe restraints that are sold with liners like here. I am wondering why the...
  15. WorldPeace

Best Source for PEX Piping and Fittings

Hey, Everyone, I looked on this forum but I can't seem to locate this information. Can anyone recommend a good source for PEX-A piping and fitting? I can't seem to find any at supplyhouse.com, pexuniverse.com, and other websites that pop up on Google. Red & Blue PEX-A Tubing. Specifically...
  16. WorldPeace

Optimal Pipe Size for Bathroom Tub

I've read conflicting information and I was wondering what the correct answer was. A pro here mentioned that they run as much 3/4'' pipe as possible, even running 3/4'' directly to bathroom tubs because code is just a minimum. They want to be safe. However, wouldn't this have the opposite...
  17. WorldPeace

Creating a PEX-A Manifold for Home Water Line

I am looking to set up a PEX-A manifold with valves for my home water line. The Viega Manabloc looks nice but that's PEX-B. Apollo came out with a manifold with brass ball valves; however, reviews of them aren't favorable. People have complained about cheap construction and leaks. Any...
  18. WorldPeace

Sources for Learning How to Do Plumbing

Due to COVID, plumbers have been in high demand and the quotes I've gotten are pretty expensive. It looks like it'll cost about $3k to do about 1-2 days worth of work. I know that if I do it myself, it'll take ten times as long, but I figure that it might be worth it to save that much money...
  19. WorldPeace

Vibration Dampeners for Tankless Water Heaters

To minimize the noise stemming from the vibrations from my tankless water heater, I am intending to install vibration dampeners (aka anti-vibration mounts). Someone had recommended Barry Controls, Series 22001 in another forum. They're $15 each. Are there other mounts that anyone can...
  20. WorldPeace

Optimal Distance from Tankless Water Heater Intake Vent to Dryer Exhaust.

Hello, Everyone, I am looking to install a tankless water heater. The dryer exhaust is only about 14 inches horizontally away and I'm wondering whether this was sufficient. I know that minimum distance is supposed to be 12 inches. Any advice? As a way to be safe, I was thinking about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks