Search results

1. vmplumbing

yet another island sink vent question

...and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. my client is redoing the kitchen, only not fully...cabinet refacing as opposed to new cabinets, but new tiles on the existing countertop, new sink, faucets... at the time i told him he had at least six inches to build out the back of the...
  2. vmplumbing

yup. i think that's where this is headed.
  3. vmplumbing

so far, he ain't havin' none of that regarding accomodating a code vent loop. in my opinion, we could increase the depth of the cabinet by a few inches and that would do the trick. he does not want to do this.
  4. vmplumbing

shower drain noise

i just had a flip through google, and could find nothing fitting that description. hj, do you think it's called something besides "adapter?" you wouldn't happen to have a convenient link, would ya?
  5. vmplumbing

yeah, it's touching the bottom of the existing sink...sink has 8" depth. it's original equipment, probably a 40 year old house. right now i'm tryin' to talk the customer into forgetting about a 10" deep sink, this way i won't touch the existing DWV and that will have a good chance of...
  6. vmplumbing

shower drain noise

yeah, it's interesting, the difference between "acceptable" an "unacceptable" noise... noisy drain, yet the bathroom has a shower radio as well as a television... my opinion, and i told my client this, was that the noise wasn't excessive and actually normal.
  7. vmplumbing

thanks guys!! ahh yes, the code book--i found it under a stack of popular mechanics, guitar players, and playboys :D 909.0 in the UPC--it says as high as possible, but not less than the drainboard height. gotta love the wording in the code...a pox on the author:) the existing...
  8. vmplumbing

shower drain noise

hi jim--thanks for the fast reply. it's making a "gurgling" noise. i believe the drains in the floors and walls were plumbed in cast iron... i'm fairly certain the thing is vented properly...you can see the trap water when the light hits the drain "just right." packing with insulation...
  9. vmplumbing

hello again!! i was wondering if the height of a island vent loop was crucial i have a customer who wants a deeper sink, and the only way to make this work really is to lower the height of the peak of the loop...currently about 2' above the lateral. can i lower this six or so inches...
  10. vmplumbing

shower drain noise

hello!! i have a customer who just had a bathroom installed. i had nothing to do with the rough in of this--only the trim. he is unhappy with his shower, in that the drain makes a lot of noise while draining. he asked me if i knew of a way to suppress the noise. i told him no, but i...
  11. vmplumbing

Please make fun of this

marlin and northman--- excellent points. i think i was committing another cali-centric post when i said what i said about the copper pipe. one of the issues here on the left coast is that of seismic activity, which is why we go for waterflex on residential water heaters. another...
  12. vmplumbing

Kitchen Hot Water MIA

remove the supply line from the hot angle stop and check water temp there...just to eliminate the faucet altogether.
  13. vmplumbing

Please make fun of this

--> frenchie: yep...mine was a very cali-centric post. i apologize. i suppose if the said shed were insulated, and the pipes as well, then all would be good??
  14. vmplumbing

Humming Pipes

i've solved this problem by actually replacing the old pressure reducing valve. and, it's always a good idea to install an expansion tank when installing or replacing a PRV.
  15. vmplumbing

AO Smith FSG 40 232 Water Heater Problem

Richmond is made by Rheem. i've installed mostly rheem for the last fifteen years, for what that's worth...
  16. vmplumbing

Kitchen Hot Water MIA

you may have a problem with the cartridge in your kitchen faucet...presuming of course that you have a single-handle faucet... if the port allowing hot water to flow is blocked, even partially, what you describe could happen.
  17. vmplumbing

Please make fun of this

i used to work for a company here in cali called "water heaters only." 1990-2005 my pet peeve...any sort of enclosure where i couldn't stand and swing my arms like a gorilla... in other words, this partition you describe gives me the shakes. it's just one more pita to deal with in the...
  18. vmplumbing

fountain problem

folks, thanks for all your replies. there is a lot of food for thought here. the lower volume pump, while expensive, sounds like the least-intrusive i.e no trenching or lines to hide...i'm starting to like that idea more and more... i haven't physically seen this fountain...only the pic...
  19. vmplumbing

fountain problem

hello!! i have a client who has a fountain... his problem is that he's constantly, manually refilling the (pond? reservoir? unsure of the terminology...) due to both evaporation and excessive splash. apparently there is no way to adjust force or speed of the pump... what is...
  20. vmplumbing

Rheem 30 Gal. Water Heater

thanks for giving me a chance to help someone out!! the white dot on the dial represents approximately 120 degrees F... the "v" in vacation is approx 70 degrees. there is ten degrees for every hash mark on the red dial, and again the white dot is 120F hth.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks