Search results

1. TVL

Pump Motor Recommendation

My purpose for this post is to decide if it is reasonable or wise to order a motor for my 6 year old pump head: * The pump end was an F&W 10 GPM (model: 4F10S10301) * At the time the Franklin motor failed, the pump end was functioning perfectly * After removing the pump motor, the pump end...
  2. TVL

F&W Pump "Bites the Bullet" - DEAL OR NO DEAL - Current Draw

Well, my F&W 1 hp submersible pump motor has died after only 6 years. Short to ground! Pump end is a F&W WITH a Franklin motor. F&W now uses their own pump motor as well as pump end, BUT it is about double the price of an Franklin pump. It appears franklin now makes their own motor as well as...
  3. TVL

Split Bus Panel

I have what I hope no one will call a dumb question: I have a GE split bus panel. The panel is rated for 2oo amps, but the bottom section is rated at only 100 amps AND is protected with a double pole 100 amp breaker. The top half has a total of 6 double pole breakers (AC, oven, water heater...
  4. TVL

Another Generator Question

I've read on a few websites that it is best to never run a generator at 100% capacity. These sites indicate it is best to run at 80% OR less to obtain the best performance AND life from the generator. This may not be true, but it's what I've read and would like the opinions of the experts on...
  5. TVL

Grounding a Honda EU3000is Generator

FIRST, after doing much research on this subject, I've only become more confused. 1- I have a Honda EU3000is generator. According to documentation, it has a floating neutral. 2- My application will ONLY involve the generator being used as a stand-alone unit. I will NEVER be connected to our...
  6. TVL

1HP Franklin Motor Control Box

I'm looking to purchase a 1hp control box for a 1hp franklin motor. The model number on my current box, which is a QD control box, is: 2801084915 Naturally, I would want to purchase the cheaper if I have an option. The following two have the exact same model number printed on the case …………...
  7. TVL

Pump calculator.. Anyone Willing To Explain?

I know electrical very well and I know a "little" about plumbing and my well system, but I would like to know more. I have seen where an individual on this site has utilized the "pump calculator" at the following site: https://pentairaes.com/pump-calculator My well system seems to function...
  8. TVL

Removing Heat Trap Nipples - SURPRISE - SEE POST # 6

I am in the process of getting everything together to change out an old water heater. Based on what I have seen in the store, it appears most all water heaters now come standard with galvanized heat trap nipples already installed. I want to remove them and replace them with brass hardware, which...
  9. TVL

Sand separator. Just Curious ????

I just finish installing a Lakos sand separator and automatic purge valve on my water well system. The well is used for daily lawn irrigation and washing an auto periodically. I installed a pressure gauge before and after the sand separator. I'm seeing a 5 to 6 PSI drop across the sand...
  10. TVL

Lakos AccuPurge AP-75-MBV

After much looking around, I think I've decided I want to purchase and use the Lakos AccuPurge AP-75-MBV. This valve isn't cheap, but it is made by a reputable company and I feel it will most likely do a great job for my situation. But, I do have a couple of questions from someone on this site...
  11. TVL

4 Year Old Well - Does This Mean Anything At All?

I had my second well drilled in the summer of 2013. The first well began yielding less water than was needed for the irrigation system. Even though the driller attempted to blow it out, he was not successful. It was believed the PVC screen sections had become partially clogged with sand over its...
  12. TVL

Water Tank Replacement

Based on info I requested from you folks in the past, I decided it was time to replace the old Sears Captive Air Tank. The tank was installed in 1984 ( 32 YEARS AGO ) and has never given any trouble. But, I just knew it was probably time for it to fail and replaced it with a Well_X_Trol 62...
  13. TVL

Best Splice Kit

I just replaced the tank and pressure switch on my system. After replacing the tank and pressure switch, I decided to make some resistance checks to determine the "health" of the system. Everything appeared completely normal and within range except for the following: Reading from the GROUND...
  14. TVL

Pressure Tank Outbuilding

I've decided it's now time to relocate the 30 gallon pressure tank that is underneath the house to outside. The crawl space underneath the house is fairly low and any type tank work would be a real pain in the rear end! I've purchased a Well-X-Trol 62 gallon tank and want to build a small...
  15. TVL

Should I Purchase A New Tank

I've decided I want to get the water tank from underneath the house. Since I have a shop now, I also have a place at the rear of the shop that would make a good spot for the tank .............. and it would also be located right at the well instead of being about 100 feet away. The tank I now...
  16. TVL

Pump Protection

I have a question or concern. Any information will be appreciated and I'm thinking Valveman may offer some type hardware to help in my situation. Issue: For the past 3 years, only ONCE during each summer irrigation season, one of 16 zones has failed to shut off water flow when the irrigation...
  17. TVL

Dole Valves

I just noticed something posted along with dole valves on the Dean Bennett website: Do not use a Pumptec if a Dole flow restrictor is also being used I have been using a 10 GPM dole valve AND a Franklin QD Pumptec for the past 3 years without the first problem. Is there something I should be...
  18. TVL

Well Advice Wanted

I have posted here in the past and I have always received good advice. So, long story short: I began having well issues in spring of 2013 - 4" PVC - 141 foot deep sand well - drilled in 1978 - static water level approximately 118' - used for irrigation system only Suspected pump was...
  19. TVL

Help Me Understand .........

Help me understand something please: Last May I replaced my 18 year old 1 HP pump with a new 1 HP F&W pump. The old pump, which had severely worn impellers, had been masking some well issues I was having and the new pump quickly exposed the fact that our well was not producing as it once had...
  20. TVL

Soldering Tips

Hi all! Are there any links to possibly a video on the steps involved to obtain a good solder joint. I have done very, very little soldering in my days, so I would like to know the steps and correct procedure involved in order to get a good solder joint the very first time. Thanks in advance.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks