Search results

1. duclad

Mansfield fill valve replacement

Sorry if I'm being dense but as noted I'm a novice...Neither the Fluidmaster nor the Korky is designed to connect to a float ball, right? So what would happen with that part of the assembly (rod and ball) given that I can't get the ball out of the tank?
  2. duclad

I had to look it up but yes, it is a banjo top. I'm not a fan. This is a guest bath that gets very little use, which probably explains why it has lasted 25 years with the original film land flush valves! I have the same situation in another bathroom that got heavy use from my son growing up but...
  3. duclad

So it looks like I am going to have to go with a Mansfield fill valve as a replacement. I realized (belatedly) that the PITA built in shelf that sits barely above the toilet will not allow the float ball to come out intact. It's hard to tell from the pic but there is only 3.25" clearance between...
  4. duclad

Okay, so the Korkyy 528MP Quiet Fill Platinum (gray top) should work, right? Thanks!
  5. duclad

Hi All, I'm a novice DIYer in this area who you've helped before so I am hoping you can again. I have an older Mansfield 160 toilet. It has that older style float ball and a very different (to my other flapper Toto toilets) style flush valve. After flushing, and over the course of an hour or...
  6. duclad

Vacuum breaker valve leak

So I lucked out big time. Champion does make a repair kit that I was able to get via a third party. Problem was a torn gasket. Replaced that from the kit and no leak! Thanks guys for your responses - really appreciate it!
  7. duclad

Many thanks for taking the time to describe the process. I did have a shut-off for the irrigation system put in a few years ago (got tired of turning water to everything, including house, off when I was changing non-VB irrigation valves!). And I do have a sawzall, so if it comes to replacement...
  8. duclad

I don't think the line is brass or copper. My soldering skills are pretty limited anyway so it's likely is just as well that I won't be tempted! Thanks for the suggestion though, I learned something.
  9. duclad

Thanks for the response. It looks like there may be a repair kit which sounds a lot easier...I'm waiting to hear from Champion that it would be compatible. But if that doesn't work out I'll have to look at replacing the valve. Yes, these are for an irrigation system. Pipes coming up from the...
  10. duclad

Hi All, I have some experience with replacing standard anti-siphon plastic valves but NONE with brass vacuum breaker valves, so please bear with my newbie questions. My 3/4" Champion 12362 VB valve is leaking when activated (see pic). First, does anyone know if these are repairable? Maybe there...
  11. duclad

Toilet overflow tube too tall

Quick update....couldn't get a dremel to quite fit at a right angle to the overflow tube so I used the suggested jag saw (a new edition to my emergency go kit!). The saw was about an inch longer than ideal for the space available but by angling it this way and that I was able to cut off a...
  12. duclad

Yeah, this looks just like what I was envisioning, especially because it has different blade options - should have a fine-tooth option I imagine. Plus I can justify to the wife getting this as a great addition to our emergency "go" bag that I hope never to have to use (the bag, not the tool)...
  13. duclad

Thank you, this is really helpful. I think I'll wind up cutting it with a fine blade of some kind while trying to stabilize it with the other hand. Just need to see what is available. Worst case I could just cut a fine tooth hacksaw blade I have to shorten it to get at it. Many thanks.
  14. duclad

Wow, another creative solution - you guys are amazing! I don't suppose anyone has invented an L-shaped drill bit? hah. Probably not enough of a market for that! Thanks again.
  15. duclad

Well, that is an interesting point that I hadn't considered. My soldering gun is way too large to fit I think (the toilet in question is not where I live so will have to check) but I know there are smaller, narrower soldering irons. Re your point about the fill hose...are you mentioning that to...
  16. duclad

Yeah, it felt like an upsell to me too. (He "offered" to replace the fill valve, flapper, and flush valve for $340. I said hard no, and then 20 minutes later he said he could do it for $250 since he was "already there" - I've done fill valves and flappers myself and there is no way I'm paying...
  17. duclad

That's great, thanks. I think the issue then will be being able to get at it in tight quarters. The bare hacksaw blade sounds promising given how narrow it is. Probably easier to control the cutting rate than a dremel cutting wheel. I figure I'll lightly sand afterwards and maybe put a towel or...
  18. duclad

A plummer who was replacing the wax ring on one of my toilets (I'm old and can no longer safely lift a toilet by myself) told me the overflow tube (replaced apparently by previous owner) is too tall. I do see that the top of the overflow tube is much higher than in my other toilet and is above...
  19. duclad

Rising water level in Toto - fill valve and/or flush valve issue?

No mark on the tank, so I'll leave it be then. Thanks!
  20. duclad

Rising water level in Toto - fill valve and/or flush valve issue?

Got it installed with no major drama and, after an hour, the water level has held steady about 3/8 inch below top of overflow tube (is that okay or should it be a little lower?), and, fingers crossed, no sign of food dye I put in tank again showing up in the bowl. I'm pumped! Thank you guys!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks