Search results

1. S

Bath tile removal

I have a similar issue for wall tiles around my tub. I would like to take out the lowest row, so I can remove the tub. I would not mind cutting out the greenboard because then I will replace it with concrete board. If I choose to cut it out with the greenboard, how do I get the greenboard off...
  2. S

Unstable tub floor

I suspect they didnt put in the ledger boards on all the edges (e.g. on the edge where the faucets are). Is there any way to "fix" that (or at least reinforce it) without taking the tub out?
  3. S

Unstable tub floor

flex Ugh. So no way to fix other than pulling the tub out and starting over?
  4. S

Unstable tub floor

Flex is some of the problem, so maybe it will at least help. Any other ideas?
  5. S

Unstable tub floor

Do you know where I buy that stuff? What does filling the tub with water do?
  6. S

Tub drainage issue

Tub drainage problem When I run water at full blast, it more or less drains. There is a little build-up but not enough to even fill the bottom of the tub (less than 2" at its deepest by the drain and does not reach back of the tub). I think that is fairly normal. I only experience the problem...
  7. S

Installation of one piece unit

"low-expansion polyurethane foam" Where would I get "low-expansion polyurethane foam"? Is there a particular brand that I should be looking for?
  8. S

Tub drainage issue

Tub drainage problem There is no question that the last part (from the P-trap to the main sewer line) slopes slightly upward. I don't dispute that. My question was whether that is what is causing my problems. For the two reasons in my original post, I was not certain that was really causing my...
  9. S

Tub drainage issue

When I accumulate a significant amount of water in my tub and then release the drain, it drains normally for a fair period of time. Then it slows down (or stops) for several seconds and then starts draining normally again. This repeats itself several times until all the water is drained out. My...
  10. S

Unstable tub floor

I just bought a new house and have found that, apparently, the tub was not very well installed. I smelled something strange in the closet that is on the backside of the faucets/drain and, when I opened up the access door, discovered a build-up of mold. I have pinpointed the problem to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks