Search results

1. speedball1

Kaboom Toilet bowl cleaner

Even out doors the fumes can damage your lungs and I have the scars to prove it. Regards, Tom
  2. speedball1

Kaboom Toilet bowl cleaner

I can not advise against using muratic acid, or any acid, in a enclosed area such as a rest room strongly enough. As a young boy I would take limed up toilet bowls out in the alley behind the shop and boil the lime out of them. Over half a century later my lungs still carry the scar tissue that...
  3. speedball1

Formula for GPM ?

Thank you Gentlemen for your response. You were very helpful and answered my question. Thanks again! Tom
  4. speedball1

Formula for GPM ?

If I have a 2" ID Pipe with 58 PSI what would be the GPM output? Without the friction line lose figured in. Thanks, Tom
  5. speedball1

Who is the manufacture??

Does any one know who manufactures Glacier Bay faucets for Home Depot? Where can I pull up exploded views and parts lists? Thanks, speedball1
  6. speedball1

Plumber's snake stuck in pipe

Hey Guys, I've been reading your answers and looking for a reply that mentions a retrieval tip,(see image). This tip augers into the broken cable and you can then pull it back. Of course if it's all balled up like a bunch of snakes then digging up the pipe might be the only recourse but a...
  7. speedball1

Ratcheting crescent wrenches for plumbers

Hi Eric, Not to worry. I thought the spring went "sprong"and popped most of it out. My Ridgid shows about the same expanse of spring showing. Regards, Tom
  8. speedball1

Conversion Put the picture on yor harddrive where you know where it is. Click on http://convert.neevia.com/index.aspx this will bring up Neeva. Here's the setting you'll have to change: (1) Settings Output format--JPEG Resolution-- 100 Quality --75 go to (2) Select the file...
  9. speedball1

Dishwasher overflow in sink came apart...

You're a real piece of work aren't you? Somebody wishes you "a great weekend" and you take it as a sarcastic putdown. "You have yourself a great weekend. Words of encouragement not needed but I'll take the kind gesture without the sarcastic connotation implied" You must be a barrel of fun...
  10. speedball1

All I'm saying Rugged is that in all the hundreds of GE dishwashers my company has installed over the years that not one, (count em!) ONE!! complaint has ever reached our service desk. I understand that code authorities look at worst case scenario, A case in point is backflow preventers. The...
  11. speedball1

"I just received the W. R. basin wrench and part of the spring is sticking way out like it has been sprung already. Tension is still good though. Am I worried for nothing?" I'm not familiar with your wrench. I have a Ridgid Adjustable and you can't see the spring. could you scan in a...
  12. speedball1

High looping never protects from the reversal of flow; water/fluids follow the path of least resistance and the clogged sink will backflow to the dishwasher before it ever spills over the flood level rim of the sink. SAY WHAT?? Tell that to the countless dishwasher owners with drip loops...
  13. speedball1

Banging Pipes...it's got a good beat and you can dance to it

Hi djk, Greetings from Florida from a Rockford transplant. I'm with jadnashua on this. Add a expansion tank, (see image) on the cold water supply line and remove the bang forever. Regards, Tom
  14. speedball1

Hey Boy, I'm with Mark on this, We use basin wrenches,(see image) to install our supplies, that's what they're made for. Your Wheeler Rex 9400 telescoping basin wrench looks just like the Ridgid I put up. It's gonna work out just fine. Regards, Tom
  15. speedball1

Rolling a horizontal wye

So you will have a 2" drain and vent and you will stubout to pick up the lav with a 1 1/2" trap With a nylon gasket sized down to pick up the lav tailpiece. I advised you to increase the drain to 2" because of all the hair and grease that will be going down the drain with use. In my area (Tampa...
  16. speedball1

A sewer fly

Hi Cookie, Hey girl! Ya let a little fly upset ya? Hell! In my part of Florida we have cockroaches the size of alligators living in out sewers. On another note, If you were bitten by a sewer fly then your at risk for contracting "The Dreaded Sewer Fly Disease" You will be attracted to...
  17. speedball1

Aggregate Venting

In my area, (Tampa Bay) local codes require house vents to be 2" with one 3" vent. We usually place the 3" vent off the kitchen sink. Regards, Tom
  18. speedball1

P-trap Approved In Nyc

Hi Ivona, I was asked about New York "P" traps at another site. Since I'm a Florida plumber I looked up the code. "P" traps, by NYC code require a clean out,(see image) But as hj advised if nobody's gonna know and a bottle trap will do the trick, have at it. Good luck, Tom
  19. speedball1

Rolling a horizontal wye

I'm with Winslow. The wye doesn't hafta be rolled to pick up the lav but I would increase to a 3X3X2" wye and bring my stubout out of 2X2X1 1/2" sanitary tee. Good luck Tom
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks