Search results

1. Lyn12

Trap water siphoned after a week of filling

I have no idea what to do. I put a plug in the basement drain and it still stinks of sewer gas. I have a hose to the wash machine drain and run the water every day now there. I goes down the main line into the floor. All the windows open and a fan in window drawing the gas out. No help.
  2. Lyn12

Yes. no matter what I do it stinks. I put cap on drain and it makes no difference
  3. Lyn12

Will get some pics this week to you.
  4. Lyn12

No sick. will get wash machine pipes pics
  5. Lyn12

No sink. But wash machine pipes and trap. put water in the wash machine trap frequently.
  6. Lyn12

Maybe it is the problem. I have no idea
  7. Lyn12

I will get some photos this week
  8. Lyn12

I didn't put any pics of washer yet. It is not the problem
  9. Lyn12

Will read this carefully tomorrow about the p trap
  10. Lyn12

There is a vent pipe for the wash machine in the wall to the attic and outside.
  11. Lyn12

What do you think needs to be done to stop the siphoning? I wash machine drain area is okay. Its the drain isn't vented
  12. Lyn12

I will need to get some pics of the wash machine area. One plumber said that the place where the y is, is to far away from the main stack and causes siphoning. What do you think?
  13. Lyn12

Jeff. The pic was taken 5 years ago. Its covered up by concrete. It took me years to figure the problem out so far with no plumbers being any help. Good to know the correct term is called "unvented drain". They other pipe goes to the wash machine and a new trap was put under the concrete also. I...
  14. Lyn12

That's good to know about the trap primer. I will have to get it properly repaired. Cut out the concrete. It's dry after a week. I put a cap on the drain recently and adding water every few days through the wash machine drain. It seems to be smelling better already.
  15. Lyn12

I will look into that verses tearing the concrete and doing proper venting on the drain pipe. I posted a pic of the pipes
  16. Lyn12

water siphoned out of trap in basement floor

Everything is brand new. Clear sewer pipe all the way to the street. I put a pic up in my post at the top. I think its not vented. Ive been told that its too far away from the main stack.
  17. Lyn12

Something is wrong that's why I posted at the forum. Trap water is sucked dry or siphoned out of the trap to the sewer leaving the trap wide open for gas to come in the basement. Venting isn't right
  18. Lyn12

The smell is coming from the trap drying out so fast. It is coming from the basement but wafts upstairs making the house smell like its filthy and needs cleaning.
  19. Lyn12

My trap dries out because it is being siphoned away.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks