Search results

1. xd2005

Bath volume

I recently purchased a mid-60''s vintage home. The bath/shower has a three handle valve. I'very noticed the tub seems to have very little water volume. Furthermore, if I turn hot on all the way, I do not seem to see an increase in volume when turning on the cold as well. The shower seems to...
  2. xd2005

New Exterior Wall - No existing anchor bolts

As I mentioned in another post, I am in the process of converting approximately half of a 14'x20' detached garage into living space. The garage is old (according to the county website, it was built at the same time as my house - 1924) and is built with 2x4 framing (rough cut, actual size). The...
  3. xd2005

R-38...how thin can you get

I just received my permit from the city on a partial garage conversion to living space. The garage is not ideal for this type of thing, but I've been working through the various issues and had everything nailed down (thus the permit). I have 2x4 rafters, which I will be sistering with 2x6...
  4. xd2005

Faucet Help

I have a Price Pfister faucet - 26 Series Marielle Collection. Against my better judgment today I took the hose off the diverter T that comes from the control valve. Now, after putting it back on, the thing leaks and I can't for the life of me get it to stop (it did not leak prior to this). It...
  5. xd2005

Water Flow

I'm curious how much reduction in water flow I should expect if my water line goes from 1/2" galvanized, then about 6" of 1/2" CPVC, then converting to 3/4" CPVC? I just replaced most of my hot water line with CPVC (only galvanized left is some stuff in the walls we could not easily get at...
  6. xd2005

Galvanized Drain Pipe Leak

Under my house, I recently noticed some puddling water. After some further research, I think I have nailed down the problem. I believe my leak is occurring at the seam of a cast iron Y. Coming in the top of the Y is my bath/shower drain. This has all been replaced with plastic from the drain to...
  7. xd2005

What to do with tub/shower

A couple years back, we purchased a 1 bath home. From the beginning, I have not liked the bath/shower at all. The home is older, as is the tub. From my limited knowledge, I believe it is a cast iron tub, with some areas wearing off. It seems for the shower backing they decided linoleum would...
  8. xd2005

Meter Size

I just finished replacing my galvanized water line from the meter to the house with 1" poly and some galvanized under the house with CPVC. I have a 5/8 x 3/4 meter and, based on my calculations so far, am getting about 47 PSI and 9 GPM (which seemed to be about right based on a chart I...
  9. xd2005

Replacing Water Service Line

I am about to replace the water service line (galvanized of unknown age) from my meter to my house (approximately 45 feet), and likely more, although I am initially focusing on this area. In addition, I will be adding a main water shut off (currently do not have one besides meter) and replacing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks