Search results

1. Vinmassaro

Advice on plan to replace basement cast iron drain line with PVC

I would like to replace 40-50ft portion of cast iron drain pipe in my basement with PVC. It runs along the middle of the wall and makes it difficult to use the space for shelving, storage, etc. There is a kitchen sink on one end and a washing machine drain coming through the basement wall on the...
  2. Vinmassaro

Shower vent question in bathroom remodel

I am currently renovating my master bath and am unsure if I need to add any additional venting for the shower, and where if required. Below is a diagram of how the plumbing is set up. Thank you.
  3. Vinmassaro

Double vanity drain questions

I am converting a single vanity to a double in my bathroom renovation. I redid it and after looking at pictures online, think it may be wrong. I used Proflex shielded couplings to tie into the existing 1-1/2 copper drain and used a double wye with street 45s and non-sweep elbows. Please let me...
  4. Vinmassaro

Stubbing NPT shower valve to PEX, thread or solder first?

Hi, I bought an Isenberg shower valve I need to stub out to 1/2" PEX and it only has 3/4" NPT connections. I will be using pipe dope on the 3/4" adapter but can I install it first and then sweat on the elbow after without screwing up the pipe dope connection on the adapter? Or should I install...
  5. Vinmassaro

Condensate pump drain line output location

I installed an Aprilaire whole house humidifier and the drain from it is going into the floor condensate pump that my AC also drains into. The outside portion of drainage hose from the condensate pump is about 10ft long and goes into a downspout. This worked fine until we got very cold overnight...
  6. Vinmassaro

Secondary arrester with 2 wire well pump

I’m replacing an old unsafe wiring box setup at my well tank that goes out to my 2 wire well pump. There is a secondary arrester device wired to both hots. There is a ground wire my electrician added that is bonding a copper pipe coming out of the wall. Do I need this secondary arrester anymore...
  7. Vinmassaro

Replumb from well pressure tank to increase flow to outdoor sillcocks

I'm trying to increase pressure to my outside hoses for lawn watering and noticed that the sillcocks are all after my whole house water filter and they are all 1/2". Because of this, when I run some impact sprinklers to water the lawn, the whole house filter gets dirty and clogged very quickly...
  8. Vinmassaro

Advice on how to update well pump electrical

When I purchased my home, it came with a Well-X-Trol tank replaced in 2008. Everything is functioning, but it looks unsafe and seems like it should be updated. I am hoping someone can advise and let me know what products I would need to update. Thank you.
  9. Vinmassaro

Reducing negative house pressure?

I purchased a home from 1958 a few years ago and it underwent a major renovation (all new windows and doors, main level ceiling torn down and reinsulated). The house is a split level with two fireplaces, one upstairs and one downstairs, with separate flues. The first time I lit the upstairs...
  10. Vinmassaro

Very slow flush on new Toto Aquia toilet. Bag of installation hardware in outlet (update)

Our house is a split level and we just finished a remodel to our lower-level bathroom. The problem I am having is the new Toto Aquia II toilet is nearly unusable because of a very slow flush. The house was built in 1958 and the water was shut off when I bought the house, so I never used the old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks