Search results

1. arbor1

Damage to basement steel column

I was using a 1" hole saw to drill through some studs adjoining the basement steel column in my 1970s tri-level home. I suppose I thought I wasn't anywhere close to being all the way through, but when I removed my bit, I realized that I had grazed the steel column in the center of my basement...
  2. arbor1

Uponor UV resistance

To update, I heard from the folks at Uponor. They advised that red and blue coated AquaPex has a six month UV resistance. They essentially told me not to worry about my installation and to proceed with insulating the tubing to prevent future exposure. Thanks to all for the responses here!
  3. arbor1

Uponor UV resistance

I’m finishing up a repipe on my home with Uponor PEX-A that I started about two months ago. Unfortunately due to some delays and unforeseen additional work I did not get get to cover the exposed pipe with insulation until recently. I’m using the blue and red coated Uponor and a decent amount...
  4. arbor1

New sump pit and groundwater

Hi All, hoping you can give me some advice. I'm installing a sump pit in my basement. I've read some conflicting advice about perforating the sump pit. My sump basin is about 34" deep (a 22" with a 12" extension). I have groundwater at approximately 30" below grade that seems to settle in...
  5. arbor1

Reattaching a supply line

Love the forum and the great advice here. So, here goes: Does it harm the longevity of a new toilet supply line if it is removed and then attached again? I'm dissatisfied with the performance of a Fluidmaster repair kit I installed a few weeks and want to replace with a Korky. Do I need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks