Search results

1. Pat G.

Pros: how do you work with huge (12”+) PVC?

That sounds amazing, thanks! It was cool to see this stuff out in the open since I would imagine most of the big PVC is buried.
  2. Pat G.

Pros: how do you work with huge (12”+) PVC?

I was at Great Wolf Lodge this weekend with my kids (chain of indoor water parks for the unfamiliar) and was marveling at the water supply plumbing for the water slides. It looked like plain old PVC with the various elbows and markings, etc, just on a massive scale, looking like 12-18” OD to my...
  3. Pat G.

Wide show arm flange?

Thanks, Reach4! I was all over Homer and couldn't seem to find that one. 3" should do the trick and I greatly appreciate the link!
  4. Pat G.

Wide show arm flange?

My half-wit tile installer (aka me) went a little crazy with the angle grinder and about 1/4" of the cuts show behind the Moen-supplied shower flange, which is a standard 2 1/2" OD. I've tried googling to find a wide flange to no avail. Does such a thing exist? Any other ideas on hiding/fixing...
  5. Pat G.

Is this a correct application of a low-heel fitting?

Thanks, all! All fixtures have their own vents (except wet vented shower) that ultimately go to a 3" vent going through the roof. This site has been invaluable!
  6. Pat G.

Is this a correct application of a low-heel fitting?

Picture is oriented as is reality (i.e. top of photo is "up") and my local code is IPC. 3" vertical pipe flows down to sewer 1.5" coming out the top of the fitting will go to drain for a lav that will be vented to the main vent 3" outlet will serve the rest of the bathroom and a kitchen sink...
  7. Pat G.

Keeping pine needles out of roof vent

We have some major pine needle problems and I'm worried they'll get into my roof vent and clog it up. I haven't been able to find anything in the plumbing code about covering the roof vent to prevent this, can I do something as simple as creating an "inverted U" with a couple of elbows to keep...
  8. Pat G.

Help with DWV Layout for detached garage

Anyone have any thoughts? I've started laying this out and After another read of the code it seems I'd be fine running the bar sink vent into the main vent rather than having both go through the roof.
  9. Pat G.

Oops, the text should have said the lav is on the left, as it appears in the diagram.
  10. Pat G.

Hello, After weeks of reading I think I've finally figured out my DWV layout but would love to get some knowledgeable eyes on it. I'm adding a 2nd floor bathroom to a 2 story detached garage that's currently unfinished. There's an existing utility sink in the corner of the garage, that drains...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks