Search results

1. LCF

Kohler 3 Handle Shower Valve - Hot on right hand side?

I'm replacing a broken valve in my shower with an exact replacement. The part is Kohler 303-K-NA. For some strange reason this comes with the cold on the left and hot on the right and that's incorrect. Can I just swap the existing stems? photo below.
  2. LCF

1/2 " Brass Nipple - Slip or Sharkbite?

I've got an annoying issue I need to fix without tearing a newly finished wall open. I am replacing my tub water valve and installing an exact replacement. The problem is that the existing valve is connected to a threaded 4 foot long 1/2" brass nipple all the way up to the shower head. I am...
  3. LCF

Old Brass "Mixing Valve" - Replacement Part Help?

I've got an old bathroom with 3 handles for turning on hot, cold and shower. The valve in the wall that holds the handles and controls the water has all corroded. I had a plumber come out and he told me I need to replace this but didn't give me a part to order. He said when I receive it he will...
  4. LCF

1/2" Threaded Tub Spout Replacement??

I have to replace this tub spoutnand cannot find any where the threaded stub out is right on the wall. Any ideas where I can find one like this or what they call them?
  5. LCF

Kohler Tub Trim Replacement??

I have these awesome Kohler tub/shower trim pieces, and just remodeled a bathroom. I'd normally replace them after cleaning them up but they're scratched. I can't for the life of me find an exact replacement, and I wouldn't know how to find a different replacement that would fit the existing...
  6. LCF

18" Centers Double Sink Trap Kit?

Im fixing one of my commercial sinks that came with a snappytrap when I bought it used. I want to put standard 1.5" PVC onto the drains instead but I'm having trouble finding a kit that has anything more than 16" centers. What's the best way to get to 18" centers? Any kits? Here's a photo of...
  7. LCF

Copper Drain to PVC - Fernco Tee?

I need to tie a new PVC sink drain into an existing and old copper stack. Is a Fernco tee like attached the best way to do this? I don't think they make reinforced Fernco Tee's and I hate the idea of using it, but I don't see another way. Also, what is the best way to cut the copper? A hack...
  8. LCF

What PVC part do I need in this photo?

One of my outbuildings has an entire copper stack, and replacing it is not an option right now. All the connections to the stack are from former sinks with 1-1/4 threaded connections, making it very easy to connect a nice new chrome drain pipe to it. My problem is that I am installing a new...
  9. LCF

Need New Tub Spout? Which Replacement?

I am looking for a replacement for this tub spout. I am renovating my bathroom and was planning on saving this and reusing it but it got scratched. The threads to screw it on are at the front of it close to where the water comes out and not at the back where it meets the wall. The entire spout...
  10. LCF

Steam Radiator Cap & Lowering Height?

I am getting ready to renovate 2 bathrooms in my house with steam radiators. Quick questions about the radiators: 1 - I need to remove the radiators prior to the reno, but it's still winter and I will need to plug both pipes so no steam comes out while i'm renovating. What sort of cap can I use...
  11. LCF

Longer Tub Faucet Replacement?

I have an old tub and want to replace the faucet with something longer so the water hits the tub in a different location on the floor of the tub. I have no idea how to remove this faucet but thought maybe there is a set screw? The old one is less than 6" in length from the wall. I would...
  12. LCF

Steam Boiler - Leak In Pipe?

I was hoping for some advice on a leak I just found in my steam boiler. I have only been in the house for a year and this is the first steam system I've ever owned so I don't know much about how it works or what each pipe does but I was hoping for some help. I am attaching 3 photos. The first...
  13. LCF

New Well - Winter Livestock Water in Vermont - Ideas?

I just cleared 20 acres at my new property in Londonderry VT. I am moving my goats to a new barn we had built and in a few weeks we are drilling a well for livestock water. I am trenching power out there now. Right now in the existing barn there is a line of pex running from my basement to the...
  14. LCF

Replacement Drain Basket for this part?

I was hoping someone might know which replacement part I can buy for the old drain basket I removed? It was leaking and in bad shape as you can see in the photos. I bought one to try (also photographed) but it wouldn't thread on past a half turn so I think the threads are different. I...
  15. LCF

House water hot and then cold

My new house is having issues with what I believe is from a crossed water line or the well pump/tank. If I am posting this in the wrong section I apologize. I thought the issue was because of the 30 year old electric tank water heater so I replaced it with propane tankless on demand and the...
  16. LCF

New Takagi Not Heating Properly

Hoping for some insight that might help me figure this out. I installed a model TK-540P-PIH tankless today in my home. This is the third Takagi I have ever installed and never had issues like this before. I plumbed the cold line into the recirc inlet and capped the cold inlet as per the...
  17. LCF

New Drilled Well - Is this normal?

Good afternoon everybody. We have spent the last few years working with an engineer to design a new well on our farm so that we can have it licensed as a public water system so we can expand our business and start a small bakery/cheese operation. A spot was picked for the well, several hundred...
  18. LCF

What size/type wire for 460 ft underground run for well house

Good afternoon everybody. We have a new drilled well installed 500 feet out in the woods from one of my workshops. I am going to be running the line from one of my 200 amp subpanels located in the workshop. I installed a well house approx 460 feet from the workshop and will be installing a...
  19. LCF

Contaminated well

Good morning everyone. 2 years ago we needed to tap into one of our shallow wells in order to run a new water line to our greenhouse. With the help of this forum we got everything installed and it has been working great however I did make a big mistake that we are now dealing with. The walls...
  20. LCF

Pitless Adapter For Concrete Dug Well?

I am installing a submersible pump in one of my dug wells in order to supply my greenhouse. I have dealt with pitless adapters on some of my drilled wells but never on a dug well. I want to make sure that after I drill the hole into the concrete well casing I am able to seal it off so nothing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks