Search results

1. osx-addict

Stupid questions...regarding wiring.. irrigation

Hi all.. I've got a question but probably know the answer but figured I'd ask anyway.. I've got a house with two separate sprinkler controllers -- one is an old Toro model bought 10+ years ago from Home Depot -- nothing special.. The other is a nice Weathermatic SmartLine controller that is...
  2. osx-addict

Issue with a Hunter ASV-075 Valve..

Hi all.. I've got 3 of these Hunter valves that I installed about a year and a half ago in a rental property we've got. Apparently one of them has malfunctioned OR something I suppose could be clogging the pipe? I can not turn on the valve manually either electrically or by turning the...
  3. osx-addict

Question regarding diagnostic code on recently installed York GY9 series gas furnace

Hi all.. We had a remodel done a bit over a year ago and the other day it was a bit cool so I turned on the furnace.. Anyway, it would run for a bit and then shutoff and that was the end of it.. After a while I noticed it wasn't warming the house so I popped up into the attic and removed the...
  4. osx-addict

Question regarding the running of high-voltage power cables

Hi all.. I'm guessing I already know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway.. I've got some existing 3/4" gray PVC conduit running under a patio that holds some low-voltage (12v) lighting cables and the sprinkler solenoid valve cabling.. I'd like to put a 110v weather-tight outlet in my...
  5. osx-addict

Question on use of one or two PVB's

Hi all.. I'm starting to think about what I need to do from a landscaping point of view after our yard was torn apart last summer for a remodel.. I want to start with the front yard first since it will affect the curb appeal (and its much smaller besides that). To that end, I need to tell...
  6. osx-addict

Issue w/ water pressure on newly installed island

Hi all.. We did a remodel last year and finally got the very large island done in March.. Anyway, it's got the proper drain vent for an island per drawings I've seen on this forum. So, my problem is that the hot/cold come down from the attic into the concrete floor and reappear under the...
  7. osx-addict

Should valves leak water when used normally?

I've got an older sprinkler installation (~12-14 years I'd guess) with 6 valves for the backyard area.. I just installed a new controller over the weekend and after replacing the wiring (2 channels were bad causing an open signal) I've found that the in-ground box had about 2-3" of water sitting...
  8. osx-addict

Weathermatic controllers???

Just in case my other thread was too specific regarding ET based controllers for sprinklers, I thought I'd see if anyone here is using any controllers at all from Weathermatic and see what you thought of them specifically with regards to quality and how they've behaved for you and if you've had...
  9. osx-addict

Anyone using any ET based sprinkler controllers?

I'm doing some homework on replacement sprinkler controllers that can monitor the weather locally in one way or another (to reduce water consumption among other reasons).. I currently am not interested in any of the brands that monitor via a subscription service from satellites (~$50/year). The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks