Search results

1. Theodore

House trap freezes

Trap and pipe to/from is currently encased in concrete bench against exterior wall (about 8" thick at its shallowest facade), so that won't work (without removing concrete encasement). Location is outside of NYC, septic tank system, so not prudent to permanently remove trap. I appreciate all...
  2. Theodore

House trap freezes

My neighbor's main house trap in the basement is against an exterior wall, cast in a concrete bench about 1ft above the basement floor. Problem is, the house is on a steep hillside and the basement facade in question is exposed (from top to bottom) to the open, so when it gets really REALLY...
  3. Theodore

Wiring outdoor equipment cabinet

The previous wiring situation was by others and was wrong and is now gone. Noted on the UF in conduit outdoors and I'll double check that is the case. Any input on the connection from the conduit to the outlet in the cabinet?
  4. Theodore

Westchester County, not in City of Yonkers.
  5. Theodore

Hi, we’ve a 1HP air compressor housed in a dedicated weatherproof outdoor cabinet (2ftx2ftx4ft) that provides air to our pond aeration system. It’s 240V and the cabinet interior has dedicated 240V outlets mounted to the inside of the wall. It was previously wired by just having an underground...
  6. Theodore

Do I need a crank case heater for my mini split compressor?

Ok, then I'll assume manufacturer is suggesting that I replace it just to be sure it wasn't damaged. It's inexpensive. Thank you.
  7. Theodore

Do I need a crank case heater for my mini split compressor?

Hi, The insulation jacket of my mini split's compressor (SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX) was partially melted during a brazing repair of an adjacent valve. I tried to order a new one. Manufacturer said they're not available, but sent a $30 crank case heater cable instead...
  8. Theodore

4 week lead time for ordering AC parts??

Just closing the loop on this: finally got parts today. Apparently a strange disconnect between ordering and billing at the manufacturer where they said the part existed in ordering's catalog, but not when the call was transferred to billing department where it was not in their catalog...
  9. Theodore

4 week lead time for ordering AC parts??

Hi, I've been waiting for 4+weeks for my AC guy to get parts in from "the supply house" to repair my mini split system (SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX). On Labor Day, I had him order a valve and it took until October 1 for it to arrive and then he installed. But then...
  10. Theodore

Hot on both sides of dedicated outlet ?!?

Just wanted to close the loop on this, I hope. Had an electrician friend come over this evening. We found one junction box in basement where this line connects to. We opened, undid the wire nuts and reconnected them. No idea if that was the culprit or not. Everything works like there's...
  11. Theodore

It's a tungsten bulb that was glowing dimly. I'll look for a loose connection at the panel, i guess......
  12. Theodore

Going off your suggestions: i used a lightbulb in a pigtail socket. Black to Green gives full/bright light. White to Green gives a barely visible/very weak light. Does this reinforce any theory?
  13. Theodore

Jumper is intact (just bad photo lighting). I disconnected the hot and neutral and turned breaker back on. I got: 121.1 V from black to green 121.1 V from white to green 0.88 V from black to white 0.0 V from green to the metal box. The green wire is bonded to the outlet, but not to the box...
  14. Theodore

There is no other outlet on this dedicated 15amp circuit breaker. I'm 100% certain because I oversaw its installation from kitchen to circuit breaker panel. It's a 3 wire (black, white, green ground) wire outlet.
  15. Theodore

Remodeled kitchen 3+years ago. Refrigerator is a dedicated 15amp line with NOTHING else on it, as per code of course. No earthquakes have occurred and no one has messed with the wiring for years. This morning the refrigerator stopped working but I figured out it still functions on another...
  16. Theodore

Using "Damp Rid" chemical dehumidifier in a small room

I have a small (5ft x 5ft x 5ft) "cold room" vault accessed from my basement. It's outside the envelope of the house (under 6" of dirt above too) except for the door from the basement. It's where the well pump and pressure tank is for my house. There is no vent or airflow in the room. Even...
  17. Theodore

Check valve needed on 2 pipe jet pump?

Thanks All. Just replaced foot valve AND both hoses going down the well today. I suspected the foot valve was leaky, but while pulling up the hoses, we found a pinhole leak in one about 40ft down! So opted to replace both just to be sure. Guy who was doing the bulk of the work with me got...
  18. Theodore

Check valve needed on 2 pipe jet pump?

Does a 2 pipe jet pump (100ft deep, 1.25" and 1" dia pipes) need a check valve on its discharge pipe, in between the pump and a pressure tank? I suspect it would do more harm than good. Thanks Theodore
  19. Theodore

Daisy chaining extension cords - how much is too much?

Still without power in my neighborhood after storm, but my generator is running. My neighbor lives 225ft away from my generator and is completely without power. I have: 1. one 12gage-100ft long extension cord 2. one 16gage-100ft long extension cord 3. one 16 gage-50ft long extension cord...
  20. Theodore

Generator interlock kit

Answers to your questions: it's a very modest portable generator (5500W/8250 starting watts). And it's only used during substantial (4+hours) power outages, about 1-2 times per year. It's true that the fridge doesn't stay as cold as it should, but (in our opinion) the outages we've had don't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks