Search results

1. Scottmcll

HVAC Surge Protector Installation

Forgot to add the install illustration provided with the protector. Also, the line in from the panel is on the lower right. Line on the lower left is to the HVAC outdoor unit.
  2. Scottmcll

HVAC Surge Protector Installation

I recently had an issue with my split-air HVAC system and with the VERY kind help of those here, was able to ferret out the problem was with blown circuit boards and it was recommended that I install a Ditek surge protector. Got it the other day, and while I'm 99% sure I've installed it...
  3. Scottmcll

Split air handlers fuses blown

Thanks so much guys! From your observations, the board certainly had a a series of failures that, clearly, just replacing the one fuse was never going to resolve. I will certainly follow your advise for measures to help prevent this in the future. Guess I'm lucky that the outdoor unit and the...
  4. Scottmcll

And here is the wiring Diagram.
  5. Scottmcll

Fitter 30, the brand is Thermocore. And WorthFlorida, I will upload a couple of pics of the board I took when I had it out. I am supposed to receive the new boards, today, so can upload a cleaner pic of one of those after I get them.
  6. Scottmcll

Thanks fitter30. That may be a bit beyond me. I'll look into it.
  7. Scottmcll

Thank you WorthFlorida. They are glass fuses, so interesting to know they are low voltage. The printed number next to the fuse is T10A/250VAC, if that tells you anything., and that's what I replaced them with to no affect. Clearly there is additional damage to the boards other than the fuses.
  8. Scottmcll

Hello All! I successfully installed a split air system in my home about 5 years ago with help from this forum, and have been enjoying it every year as it gets warmer and warmed in the Pacific NW. I have three indoor air handlers: a 18k BTU ceiling cassette type, and two wall mounted units, one...
  9. Scottmcll

Final mini-split install Qs

Thank you Wyr. I appreciate the feedback from someone who's done this before. Cheers.
  10. Scottmcll

Final mini-split install Qs

Hello All, The info I've found in other threads regarding DIY mini-split installations has been invaluable, and I am very appreciative. I am now at the stage in my own, 3 zone, install that it's time to pressure test, evacuate, and release the 410a. I purchased pro equipment to do the job and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks