Search results

1. Whoodle

2 yo. AOS 50g Vertex Heater; Power light on, but Control Panel/leds are NOT

GPHE-50, 100210450 Manual: https://www.hotwater.com/Resources/Literature/Instruction-Manuals/Residential-Gas/Vertex%E2%84%A2-Power-Vent-GPHE-50-Manual-(100341945)/
  2. Whoodle

2 yo. AOS 50g Vertex Heater; Power light on, but Control Panel/leds are NOT

hello. As mentioned, I have a 2 year old AO Smith Vertex hwh, and noticed today that there's no hot water. look at unit, the orange lighted on/off switch is working, but when I push the hotter/cooler temp buttons on the control panel (which 'wakes up' the settings, lets you adjust temp, etc)...
  3. Whoodle

Multi Stage Iron Reducing System

I'm no pro, but the one kind of filter you haven't mentioned is an IRON FILTER. Google it...lots of options/mfgs For a situation like this, (all new system), call out a pro to test water, look things over & make suggestions. And not to judge, but if you're ponying up for a freakin' new...
  4. Whoodle

How I flush my HW tank

perfect timing; was just thinking that I haven't flushed my 50g Vertex unit since I got it almost 2 years ago!!! Anything special I should do or look for? Will I get a lot of gunk coming out if water was softened & 'iron-filtered' before hitting the heater? I just checked, AOS says I should...
  5. Whoodle

Need to Treat Sulfur; Peroxide v. Ozone v. Chlorine For THIS Scenario...

Hi there! Been a year with my Iron Curtain; it took care of the odor issues immediately, been working fine. Those flushings/regenerations every day get a bit loud, but udder 'n dat, it's great. But my dealer said I need/want to get some parts on my ozone generator replaced/checked YEARLY...
  6. Whoodle

Repair or Replace Fill Valve on OLD Kohler Wellington (80's)

I have an old Kohler Wellington; narrow/tall tank, quite wonderfully 'mod' in all the right ways (matching pedestal sink 9see below, that's my color, too). Need to keep it running for a long time ahead! But the fill valve is running & won't stay 'stopped' when I wiggle the float anymore. SO...
  7. Whoodle

rushing to finish install of a NG garage heater before today's rotator cuff surgery delayed this update, and it also means this w ill be brief (for once:))...and poorly spelled 7 punctuated (right shoulder/right handed) cut to chase, getting a single tank hellenbrand iron curtain ozone unit...
  8. Whoodle

Thanks. Knowing this much is SO helpful going into an appointment like this! It looks to me like my Hellenbrand single-cylinder softener IS a Fleck/Clack type valve...and it sounds like ozone might be the leading contender (it also sounded like Jim was thinking 'ozone') ill let you know what...
  9. Whoodle

Thanks, all. In no particular order, inside toilet talk, it's a reddish brown, and a bit slimy. odor is the same with hot AND cold water. I'm guessing that means the WH anode replacement won't be a full solution, but I'll look into if might till help (lab guy mentioned this too!) I'd prefer...
  10. Whoodle

First off; in 2000, I came upon this forum before diving into a solo stud>ceiling bathroom replacement in my first home. Faucets...faucet screens...ejector pumps/pits....sump pumps...toilets (toto, of course)...water heaters...new well pump system...I lose count how many things I've comer here...
  11. Whoodle

Need Help on Several Well Fronts, Quickly!

Any issues w/that PK1A getting clogged or damaged by iron in water? Do all (most) of you agree with Cary that this is a great option? Are there any other options similar to the PK1A from other mfgs?
  12. Whoodle

Thanks, all. That Pk1A thing looks AWESOME, Cary...and the reviews are insanely good everywhere I look!! $500-600 barely buys you a good 46gal pressure tank...to get something that has the controls & the ability to perform as good or BETTER than traditional setups...and put it in my...
  13. Whoodle

I added an additional link to the photo, does it work? here it is again https://dochub.com/dean-smithc3bc611d/8adOrbPVQg2pJQXR24Mj7D/20171105-190647-jpg?dt=WyR2P9BvJq_fo3Y2a4qR Yeah, he brought up the Grundfos sq because he can use PVS pipe without fear of it getting stuck & snapping PVC trying...
  14. Whoodle

Hi, all, and thanks in advance for your valuable advice. I'm at a critical time where some big decisions need to be made about my system after pro diagnosed hole in the well-pipe yesterday. All details about my system are clearly spelled out in the pic I’ve attached below. We just did major...
  15. Whoodle

What Color Is My Toilet? Wild Rose

Thank you! Looks like Kohler still makes an elongated seat in that color, the K-4652-45 . Am I safe assuming that it the color itself hasn't changed over the years...that this new 'Wild Rose" will match what I have pretty well? It looks pretty darn 'rose' colored on their website...I'll try...
  16. Whoodle

Thanks. i saw those samples, but none seem to have as much 'orange' or 'rust' as i see in my toilet and/or the photos I attached Roussillon Red seems the closest, but looks to dark. Ditto with Sequoia. Terra Nueva seems too brown/not enough red or orange. What is the mfg date...1988?
  17. Whoodle

No, not the latest B2B self-help book. I have a Kohler Wellington and the plastic piece that connects the bolt-holes to the seat itself broke on one side. I'll remove/clean/glue/clamp this piece & see if that holds, otherwise I'll be back for advice on if/how I can replace that piece down the...
  18. Whoodle

'Loose' Toto SS204 Seat; Normal, or Not?

Put in a new Drake recently, along with a Toto SS204 seat. The looseness I speak of has nothing to do with the attachment bolts, but rather with the hinge. There's a good amount of play in both seats, I'd estimate you can move it side to side about 1/4" in each direction (with little/no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks