Search results

1. Mike Hawk

Pressure drop after 6 years, assumed fouled resin? Fleck 7000SXT resin needs for ~3,500 grains needed per day.

Yup, around 270 gallons a day. Seems crazy high, but I wash dishes every night and take a long shower. Thanks for all that wizardry. I went stupid overboard with a 400 lb salt tank.
  2. Mike Hawk

Pressure drop after 6 years, assumed fouled resin? Fleck 7000SXT resin needs for ~3,500 grains needed per day.

Well I went ahead and got a Oceanic prefilled 2.0cf 10% (with gravel) 12x52 <shrug> Took my old tank out, neither bottom nor top strainer were collapsed/blocked. The resin was a bit mushy, didn't all look spherical, so I guess that's my problem? Couldn't start up the new tank though cause it...
  3. Mike Hawk

Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade from the 12x48" tank to a 12x52" tank? Pros: Easier to swap, won't have to clean out the resin. More softening capacity? More efficient use of salt? Cons: More $. Have to dispose of old tank
  4. Mike Hawk

Thoughts on going 2.0cf of Aldex C-800x10 10% vs 1.5cf? I found an online supplier for pretty cheap and the cost difference between 0.5 and 1.0cf bags is pretty negligible. If I go with 2.0cf would it still be 20lbs of gravel? My next question is gonna be just what all the friggen settings I...
  5. Mike Hawk

Oh and where to get gravel and resin? Anyone got some links they can hit me up with. Obviously I'd like to get the gravel locally at a big box store if I could. -Edit, looks like I need to go to a plumbing supply house for the gravel, man I love expanding my brain. -Edit 2, blargh, the local...
  6. Mike Hawk

Oooh yeah, water heater, gotta check that one. Had to actually replace it ~2018 since the water softener killed it since I wasn't on top of the sacrificial anode rod. Can you start to see a theme here that I'm horrible on maintenance upkeep? :D :(
  7. Mike Hawk

It's a 5 stage RO system in the kitchen to a single faucet for drinking/cooking water. Sorry that it wasn't clear. I have no pre-filter before the softener. I'm just wondering if the white goop might be related to the softener issues. Probably more likely related to maintenance since I...
  8. Mike Hawk

Oh and this was in our first stage sediment filter back around the time right before I switched into bypass mode. It was slightly pondy tasting but reminded me more of chalk, slightly gritty in texture. Was this resin goop? Calcium? Algae? Notice how half the filter container was filled...
  9. Mike Hawk

Valve: Fleck 7000SXT Water source: City water (river), Oklahoma RWD#5 Tank size: 12x48 GPG: 8-13 Gallons used per month: 8,000 (ouch). 2 adults and 2 kids. Wife and one kid take ~1-2 baths per week. Shower daily. Our system: When I ordered this system back in Q4 2015 I had a 64,000 system...
  10. Mike Hawk

Mr. Culligan's TDS and GPG #s are different than mine

Well according to http://www.ruralwater5.com/about-us the supply comes from a river. So I guess I was incorrect in saying "municipal"
  11. Mike Hawk

Dang, you caught my typo before I could fix it! Mr. C was quoting us $5,400 for a 10" resin tank + 375lb brine tank and another $600 for a single faucet RO. We are on municipal water The other readings they took at the time of the quote: 0 PPM Iron 0 PPM Hydrogen Sulfide 7 PH
  12. Mike Hawk

We had a quote from them 11 days ago. He stated our TDS was 237, Hardness @ 13 GPG. Tonight my toys arrived :) A TDS-4 and Hach 5B. I'm getting 172 TDS and 8 GPG. I know the numbers can fluctuate but those seem like pretty big differences? I ran the tests several times. My cynical side is...
  13. Mike Hawk

What's this spare vertical pipe for? **Pic** Oh and hello TL!

It goes into our slab foundation. No idea where or if it pops out anywhere else or is connected to anything else.
  14. Mike Hawk

Thanks for the replies. I currently have a GE 2 stage filter under the sink that has opaque cases. I could see if they work as a replacements to the clears. I'll probably also get a cheap water alarm or two to be on the safe side: Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and...
  15. Mike Hawk

Interesting. Didn't know clear=bad. Reasoning? As long as the housings and lines don't leak then who cares? I can upgrade my filters here in a year or so and all should be good? I couldn't care less about brand name or where it's made as long as it does the job. So sick of manufactures and...
  16. Mike Hawk

Recently our "friendly Mr. Culligan" man quoted us $5,400 for a water softener system + another $600 for a RO under sink filter :confused: :eek: After I recovered from sticker shock I decided it was time to finally start educating myself --Started to educate myself-- After I recovered from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks