Search results

1. JustaDIYer

Softener issues & questions

looks like my set up can only take up to a 7gpm button. it has the 3/4" drain line connector. To go up to 9gpm, I'd need a new drain line connector, 1". My drain line is 3/4" pvc which I'm sure is plenty if I upgrade, just need a reducer after the exit.
  2. JustaDIYer

sooooooooo, I have the wrong DLFC?
  3. JustaDIYer

Thank you for that explanation. My KL tank is 10"x54" This is the button that came from the drain line.
  4. JustaDIYer

Yes, I realize the backwash and rapid rinse are the normal daily cleaning of a KL filter. Right now I regenerate every 2 days. I'm just looking to rejuvenate the media by cleaning it with IO or chlorine (I guess chlorine solidifies the iron but I'd think the rinse cycle would flush it out...
  5. JustaDIYer

Hence my confusion. I copied the settings from the old valve to the new one. As long as it's working, I'm fine. I set the DO to 7, so probably never get the full 1800 gallons and I'm ok with that. Just have to figure out how to clean my Fe filter now.
  6. JustaDIYer

Probably don't have an injector. It's Fleck 5810 SXT. Has the softener valve set up. Turbine flow meter. All new valve head. Left the bypass is all.
  7. JustaDIYer

ok, how do i get it into the tank using the BD ?
  8. JustaDIYer

So I finally got my part in for my Fe filter. And I want to clean it using chlorine. The valve is a softener valve and I though what I had to do was to replace the plug for the brine valve with a piece of hose to suck the chlorine from the bottle. Then set the settings for a BD of 10min. So...
  9. JustaDIYer

Nope. Either copper or PEX
  10. JustaDIYer

Hardness tested at 28gpg. Iron was detected but not measurable, which is odd since we get rust stains every now and then. Did find out my Fe filter was broken (for how long I don't know), the piston rod broke off from the seal/spacer piece. New part will be here this week. What else would...
  11. JustaDIYer

FM = T0.7 Seems my usable gallons went up from 1000 (old valve) to 1800.
  12. JustaDIYer

So I'm back and have my new valve installed. Says on the sticker....0.25 gpm Injector #1 Set it up for H=30 till I can get it tested. I set all parameters the same but I set the BF to 28 min. Correct?
  13. JustaDIYer

yes, 2.5 cu ft of resin in my tank with gravel. none of that is changing. I'll let you know the BLFC and injector color next week. thanks
  14. JustaDIYer

-Will get it tested again closer to setting it up. Around 30gpg though (leaving for vacation tomorrow morning for a week) - 3 people - I can have that tested when I get my water tested, just sample after the KL - not sure yet, they're setting it up for a 13" tank. 6.66 * 3 = ~20...
  15. JustaDIYer

I went ahead and ordered a new valve. The brine cam and piston rod were broken when I took apart the valve as well as the piston was flaking and seals damaged. Parts cost vs a new 5800 valve wasn't much, so went new. So I follow your math, but where do you get 6.6 gallons to dissolve the...
  16. JustaDIYer

I was almost read with Redgard and read document about waterproofing - need 25 mil

I'd go with the stated coverage of 1 gallon/55 sq ft. and do it twice... so 2 gallons per 55sq ft. Just tape the seams and roll it on.
  17. JustaDIYer

I was almost read with Redgard and read document about waterproofing - need 25 mil

I haven't used it yet but I know someone who has. He did a 3-4 coats, he used a roller, so about 1/16" thick Directions state 1 gal to cover 55sqft for waterproof membrane. That would make the thickness about 1/32" (0.03125"). 25mil is an inch if you're talking 25mm.... that's crazy...
  18. JustaDIYer

Well Pump/Switch Question

ok, I'll have to get a clamp on AC meter. heading out on vacation tomorrow, so it'll be a little bit. All i have up top is the pressure switch, no control panel.
  19. JustaDIYer

Well Pump/Switch Question

As I was drawing some raw water off a bib next to my pressure tank, I noticed the pressure decreasing fast. Down at 30psi, I thought i heard the pump kick on (40-60 switch), the decreasing pressure slowed a bit and then went to 20psi and suddenly dropped to zero with a bang and then recovered...
  20. JustaDIYer

it normally only has about 8" of water in the tank. so once I get the correct amount in the tank, I'll check how long it takes to draw out.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks