Search results

1. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Thank you Dana for the great analysis. I went to supplyhouse.com and asked a question about the Weil Mclain CGa-3... Q: Just wondering if the Weil Mclain CGa-3 boiler is too big for my Lansing, Michigan propane powered house. I did the Slant Fin heat loss calculation (water 180* inside 65*...
  2. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

During the 2014 heating season: on the warmer days we used a 1500W quartz heater turned the t'stat down to 64* at night kept at 68* during the day the basement and bedroom zones valves were locked open zone valve for the living room controlled the boiler Thank you for the great analysis.
  3. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

We have decided to go with the CGa-3 and will be adding more Slant Fin to the basement zone. Will be installing a chimney liner too. I have figured out our propane use and the Heating Degree Days for Jan/Feb 2015: gas 350 gal, HDD 2,295. Also know the heat loss is 45,200 (Slant Finn app...
  4. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Thank you very much for your fantastic replies. We will be working on the project in three weeks.
  5. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Dana, I went back and rechecked my baseboard lengths. Gave you the wrong ones earlier. I apologize. Per zone: Z1 = 47' (Living and dining room), Z2 = 27' (bedrooms, baths), Z3 = 17' (basement) TOTAL = 91' Propane usage: 9/23/14 - 12/23/14 = 180 gallons (used quartz heaters until boiler...
  6. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Ok. I will eat the restock fee to get the right size. My mistake. Wife is home all day and likes her feet warm so all 3 zones will be open all the time. Existing boiler: Weil McLain P-CG-5 (gross output 96K, net I-B-R 83.5K) Hot water is Rinnai tankless installed 5 years ago. Works great...
  7. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Wow! Thank you so much for the terrific evaluation. However, I called in the order with my guy at the supply store and the CGa-4 is sitting on his dock. If I tell them I don't want it, I'll get slapped with a 25% ($450) restock fee. I'm struggling with this decision. What would you do...
  8. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

Thank you for your reply. We have not received the boiler yet so it's not too late to change size. Perhaps the CGa-4 is too large. House built in 1972. New windows 2013, 12" additional insulation in attic, basement concrete blocks insulated with 1.5" Owens Corning Foamular, lots of other...
  9. Dennis Leonard

Supply and return sizing

I am a licenced electrician and my neighbor is a licenced pipefitter and we are replacing my old Weil Mclain boiler. Ordered new Weil Mclain CGa-4 boiler and Grundfos Alpha pump. Now I am in the process of getting the black pipe and fittings. Existing 3 zones are 3/4" with 1" headers. The new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks