Search results

1. karsc01

Trap primer needed on unused floor drain?

Here's a simple question. I'm planning on installing at least one (probably two) floor drains. It is a dry basement and they will only be there in case the water heater or the washing machine spring a leak. So most likely they will never be used. Now I could install a trap primer to make sure...
  2. karsc01

Reasons for basement plumbing setup?

Reasons for this basement plumbing setup? I'm considering finishing my basement and putting in a bathroom with a sewage pump (or grinder pump). I've been researching various aspects of it for a few months now. However my current plumbing setup seems to be a little interesting and I'm looking...
  3. karsc01

Why is this not acceptable?

I've read several posts on here that talked about how having two floor drains on the same trap is not acceptable as shown in the diagram below. Could someone explain to me why this is not acceptable? I ask because these drains are going to be rarely if ever used and there's no wall or...
  4. karsc01

Opinions on waterless trap primers.

What do the experts here think about the "waterless trap primers" such as the one sold here?: http://www.trapguard.com/tgintro.htm Are they decent? Or am I much better off with a normal trap primer if I'm doing work anyway and it wouldn't be a lot more work to use a normal one? Does anyone...
  5. karsc01

Best outdoor faucets?

Here's a simple general question. I have 3 outdoor faucets. It's an old house and they're probably 30 or 40 years old. They don't leak when they're off but when they're in use they spray water out of every imaginable place like a sprinkler. Tighting the nut makes no difference. I could probably...
  6. karsc01

Basement bathroom design inspection.

Hello all. I am planning to install an ejector pump along with a bathroom in my basement and was hoping someone could review my (currently fairly simple) layout and plan. Since nobody could answer my first question of whether it's allowable to have a floor drain in a dry basement go into an...
  7. karsc01

Floor drain to ejector/effluent pump?

Hello, I have a dry basement that has never had a problem with flooding or moisture. There is currently no floor drain because one was never needed. I'm installing an ejector pump and moving the washer/dryer down to the basement as well as putting in a small bathroom. The pump would pump up to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks