Search results

1. vivona

Any experience with Geyser STOP or Geyser Miser?

I realized that if a shrubbery nozzle gets accidentally cut off by a hedge trimmer and goes undetected, when the sprinklers run the resulting geyser would hit the eave of my house, causing a lot of water damage. I looked for some kind of valve that would cut off the water to a sprinkler should...
  2. vivona

Existing PVC pipe a bit oval, too tight for new fitting... what to do?

I am making changes to the piping layout of my existing irrigation system. I have come across some existing pieces of 1/2" CL-200 pipe that is not dry fitting into new fittings due to the OD being too large, particularly in one diameter direction. I have tried solvent gluing a fitting on one of...
  3. vivona

Is there a way to identify which pipe is which in a group of pipes?

I need to connect a new pipe to an existing buried PVC pipe of a particular zone in my irrigation system. At the point where I need to connect, the pipes for two zones make 90 degree turns, so I can dig back a bit for flex, cut off the elbow and replace it with a tee to connect the new pipe...
  4. vivona

What's Better - One long session, or multiple shorter sessions?

I saw a video that claims for sandy soil (mine is 85% sand) it is better to run through the irrigation program three times, each time putting down 1/3 of the intended total time for each zone. For instance, if you had 6 zones and each required 30 minutes, you set the zones for 10 minutes each...
  5. vivona

What gives? Rain Bird VAN Nozzles Do Not Fully Seat Into 1800 Series Sprayhead.

I have changed out some regular Rain Bird nozzles on 1800 series sprayheads with VAN adjustable nozzles. The VAN nozzles do not fully seat into the top of the sprayhead when the water is off. They sit about 1/8" higher than the sealing surface on the top of the sprayhead. I compared the VAN...
  6. vivona

Two Questions About PVC Pipe

I have been reworking my sprinkler system and that has involved cutting into the existing CL 200 PVC pipe to add or change fittings. Two things have come up: 1. One of my re-routings requires that a pipe runs across another pipe at a 90 degree angle. The two pipes are touching each other...
  7. vivona

PGP "Leakage" When Adjusting Radius

My lawn spray company told me I needed to replace my Hunter PGP 4" rotors because they were leaking. Indeed, there was water trickling down the side of the riser section on several of the rotors. I went ahead and replaced all seven since they were 8 years old. When adjusting the new PGP rotors...
  8. vivona

Inserting tee in existing PVC pipe

I want to insert a PVC tee fitting into an existing underground 1/2" CL 200 pipe in my sprinkler system. I cannot move the existing pipe apart to insert the tee. I know I could use a slip repair coupling along with the tee, but a landscaper once told me he routinely inserts fittings into...
  9. vivona

Leak at flush valve gasket - How to fix?

I replaced the flush valve in an old Crane toilet. The original beveled gasket between the flush valve and the hole in the bottom of the tank was a softer material that sealed well despite there being a small chip in the inside tank edge of the hole. The replacement flush valve uses a harder...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks