Search results

1. Jb9

Kitchen Sink Under Window Question

This is helpful. I appreciate these recommendations. I was also thinking the pex would come up into the cabinet box (thanks HJ) and the trap would be down there as well with the arm going into the 2x6 wall and immediately dropping below the floor into the crawler and joining the main. Vent...
  2. Jb9

Kitchen Sink Under Window Question

Sorry for the dumb question but I don't understand something. I constantly read that plumbing pipes should not be placed in exterior walls but rather located inside the conditioned space. Why are there so many kitchen sinks under exterior windows? Are the supply lines kept inside the wall and...
  3. Jb9

Kitchen Faucet No Escutcheon Question

Hello, I am about ready to install a Ruvati Apron sink so I'm preparing the cabinet box. I am looking for a good quality single handle faucet that can be installed without an escutcheon because I don't have a lot of room behind the sink. A couple questions: --Can someone recommend a decent...
  4. Jb9

Garden Hose Sprayer to Shower Hose Question

There is a rubber gasket in the female end of the shower hose. I found this: GESHATEN 3/4” GHT Male x 1/2” NPT Male Connector, Brass Garden Hose Fitting, Adapter, Industrial Metal Brass Garden Hose to Pipe Fittings Connect (2 Pack) I was wondering if this looks like it will work.
  5. Jb9

Garden Hose Sprayer to Shower Hose Question

Hello, I have garden hose sprayer hooked up to my shower hose that is a temporary solution for now. My plumber used two fittings but said there is a single fitting available. Is the fitting I most likely need the following: 3/4" GHT Male x 1/2" IPS Male I know that both ends are male and...
  6. Jb9

Moentrol Valve and Rear Access Door Question

Hello, I am finishing up drywall on a service cavity wall that lies between my kitchen and my shower. Tile is done and everything is hooked up in the shower/bathroom. I installed a nice Moentrol valve on blocking and my escutcheon/plaster ground hole leaves ample room for cartridge...
  7. Jb9

Moentrol Washer Question

I have this squared off washer with my Moentrol install that I don't understand. It's not referenced in the instructions. Any thoughts?
  8. Jb9

Oil Rubbed Bronze P-Trap Assembly transition to PVC Question

Ok. I think option 1 is a better option. Glad I confirmed. I am going to return the 1-1/4" assembly for the larger diameter P-trap of 1-1/2".
  9. Jb9

Are these the two options? 1. 1-1/2" P-trap assembly with reducing washer (1-1/2" x 1-1/4") at the tailpiece and a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" trap adapter at the wall. 2. 1-1/4" P-trap assembly with a 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" trap adapter at the wall. Pipes are exposed so hence my desire to use a metal P-trap.
  10. Jb9

Trap Arm Length Question

Thanks. Most of the P-trap assemblies in bronze were 1-1/4" and the tail piece coming from the sink appears to be 1-1/4" so I thought this was the correct way a pro would do it. Am I missing something? Should I have gotten a 1-1/2" bronze P-trap assembly?
  11. Jb9

Trap Arm Length Question

Hello, How far into the joint assembly should the trap arm penetrate? I will need to cut the trap arm but I don't want to cut it incorrectly. Here's a picture of what I am asking. I will have a trap arm adapter (1-1/2" to 1-1/4"). Thanks.
  12. Jb9

Thanks. Some P-trap assemblies are 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". Is it better to have a P-trap assembly to match the 1-1/2" pipe? What is the difference between doing the 1-1/4" change at the wall versus at the drain tail piece?
  13. Jb9

Thanks. One more question. Can the horizontal piece be cut to length to fit?
  14. Jb9

Hello, I have a corner lav sink with no vanity and I want to use an oil rubbed bronze P-Trap assembly. How would a pro make the PVC transition? Should I cut a close nipple and feed that into the PVC elbow (female) and then use a coupler? The default end of a P-trap assembly is a male...
  15. Jb9

Kohler Worth Lav Reach Question

Thanks! I can't wait to have a sink in my workshop... Doing the spout into a 5 gallon bucket now. Not great... :)
  16. Jb9

Kohler Worth Lav Reach Question

Hello, I know there are many times the customer hands off a fixture to a pro and the customer doesn't do their homework so I thought I would ask a question before I buy a faucet for my bathroom. My main objective really is I want to make sure I have sufficient "reach" and that my hands don't...
  17. Jb9

Pipe Nipple into Drop Ell Question

Thanks Terry and Reach4. That is the exact Drop Ell I have ready to go. I have a long capped nipple on there now as you said Terry. I will get a brass one as you both suggest.
  18. Jb9

Pipe Nipple into Drop Ell Question

Hello, I have a brass fitting supply coming off my shower valve (Moentrol) that feeds through my wall assembly. I did an initial measurement of the depth and came up with this... 5/8" behind the wall and into the supply 1" wall board plus thinset plus tile 3/8" to 1/2" depth into my Drop Ell...
  19. Jb9

Geberit Toilet Mount Question

Thanks Terry. They provide a small packet of lubricant. I hope it's enough. What do you recommend if I need some more?
  20. Jb9

Geberit Toilet Mount Question

Hello, I need to install my Toto toilet on the Geberit Carrier and I just want to confirm I understand the installation correctly. I have watched one of the videos 100 times but... I wanna get this right. So I basically mark the waste and water inlet pipes at the plane where they enter the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks