Search results

1. Pewterpower

I want an indicater light for my element...

I want an indicator light for my element... Yup, just like it says. I'd like to put some sort of LED or indicator lamp so I know when my element is powered. It's a solar storage tank, but my question isn't really solar related. I stopped at Radio Shack but the kid didn't know much. So what...
  2. Pewterpower

Icemaker driving me nuts...

I have a Kenmore side by side with your typical ice maker in it. Except it's not making ice.... The unit itself is working fine. What I've narrowed it down to is that the I/M is not sending enough power to the water solinoid to operate it properly. The solenoid itself is fine cuz I've switched...
  3. Pewterpower

insulation inside air handler

I think it's called ductboard. It's the insulation that lines the inside of the air handler. Well, mine is smelling rather musty from leaks that have happened in the past and I want to replace the foamboard/insulation/ductboard (whatever you call it) and re-line the inside of the air handler. I...
  4. Pewterpower

Neighbor wants me to help tile his floor

I'm gonna help him. But what should I suggest as pay? I know I'm gonna end up doing most of the work. It's a real simple job, about 400 sq ft in the entrance way and down a hallway. So what would the average handyman charge a friend to do some simple tile work?
  5. Pewterpower

How to break concrete around copper?

What is the best way to break away concrete slab when you have a pipe (copper) in it? Let's say I have a pinhole leak in a pipe (in the slab) and I know where it is, I just want to bust away the concrete. I fear that breaking the concrete away will cause further damage. Or worse, the damaged...
  6. Pewterpower

DVD+R disc question....

Can they be used for other things, too, like pics or music? Or are they just for video? I suppose I could just try it and see....... :rolleyes:
  7. Pewterpower

Replacing staircase handrail

It's a typical post to post oak handrail, with several coats of paint, but rather than sanding/stripping/staining.......... I think I'll just replace it. I have a general idea of how to do it, but the liturature, and the websites I have found are still a little vague. Anybody have a good...
  8. Pewterpower

Roof paint???

I was at HD today and saw Behr Roof Paint. It's the same price as regular Behr house paint. Since my roof is 11 yrs old and is (as of right now, knock on wood) leak free. I thought this might be a good way to stretch a few more years of life out of it. But since I have never seen nor heard of...
  9. Pewterpower

Cruddy fixture --> PITA ---> nightmare !!

I'm on vacation this week, so I'll get to those little PITA jobs I've been putting off. One being the upstairs bathroom sink fixture. It's a little green around the gills, and just needs some cleaning up. So I turn off the cold supply. Then the hot supply. SNAP. The knob and most of the...
  10. Pewterpower

Qest, Zurn, Sharkbite, Watts, grrrrrrr.....

I've been exploring different options for a repipe. I saw today that the blue store carries a Version (Watts) of push type connections like a Sharkbite. The orange store carries Qestpex fittings (compression type) Any thoughts on these? Copper is too damn $$$ and it looks like PEX...
  11. Pewterpower

I just made a shocking discovery....

The second floor bathroom in our house is pretty much wife's and daughter's exclusively, so I am rarely ever in there. Except on such occasions, as now, when the light bulb in the ceiling above the tub/shower needed to be replaced. As I am stepping down, my elbow bumps this mirror that she has...
  12. Pewterpower

New shower in Mobile home

My son in law wants remove the existing tub, and replace it with a prefabbed shower from the big box store. My question pertains to the pipes. They use a different kind of pipe in mobile homes, right? Can I get an adapter and repipe the entire bathroom with 1/2 inch cpvc? For that matter...
  13. Pewterpower

Made a concrete sidewalk today....

...and I discovered that my sidewalk making skills suck. :D My sidewalk leading out of the front door, runs the length of the house about a foot away from the house. I've always used this 1 ft area as flower bed, but there is this one little section that I have always wanted to fill in with...
  14. Pewterpower

A/C intake question...

Not sure where to post this question, but I'm sure someone here will know.... I have a 2 story house, with the air handler, and main intake, upstairs. Downstairs, the only intake is in a bedroom and it is only a small 12x12 opening. This is the room that we gave to my mother. The trouble is...
  15. Pewterpower

Stray Cats!!!

Is there anything to put in the yard (without killing them, of course) to keep them away? They are really starting to stink up the place, if ya know what i mean......
  16. Pewterpower

Pipes in the ground....How deep?

Still kicking around different ideas to get water supplied to the kitchen for when I repipe. The only other way, besides going all the way across the ceiling, would be to go under the driveway, thru the front yard, and then to a kitchen wall. So back to my question...... How deep to the pipes...
  17. Pewterpower

Wow... a great education

About a 10-minute bike ride from my house is yet another new subdivision going in. Now this has been going on for the past 10 yrs all around me, and I've checked out the new construction many times, but mostly out of curiousity. But since my interest is piqued right now with plumbing, I went...
  18. Pewterpower

My thoughts for repiping:

I have a 2 story house, with copper pipes in the slab. I just repaired my second pinhole leak at the slab and I am not doing it again....... I want to repipe with pvc & cpvc. My water main comes into the house at the garage. What I am thinking about doing is cutting the main, right after the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks