Search results

1. Blake101

Where to install hammer arrestor

Thanks for the reply Terry. That is a good idea, I've noticed the same thing with the washer as well. It wasn't so bad until we stopped running our A/C fan at night. I noticed when the fan would run at night we would get really high humidity and now that we stopped I can hear every little...
  2. Blake101

When I can hear the valve coming on/off I notice a noise but it also seems like the whole time it is open then the pipe is making a tapping noise periodically but not too fast. I think I'll try the hammer arrestor under the sink first and then go in the attic and add some clamps if I can fit...
  3. Blake101

After living in our new house a few months we noticed the pipes were making noise above and near the kitchen when the dishwasher was running. The plumbing is the yellow CPVC and runs through the attic. Should I install the arrestor up there or on the pipe under the sink feeding the dishwasher...
  4. Blake101

Toto Drake vs Entrada (CST744SL & CST244EF)

The local company wanted to charge too much so I'll have to drive to the distributor in South Orlando. I think they're charging $260. I'll report back once installed.
  5. Blake101

I found a local company that installs Toto toilets so i'll call them today to see if they stock the Drake. The room with the 11" rough in is the bathroom our guests would be using so it would be good to have a higher quality one in there anyway.
  6. Blake101

Tub/Shower - No Hot Water

I was able to remove the cartridge but it didn't come out easy and I had to go buy the puller tool which was only about $12. Once I got it out I noticed that the rubber sections at the end had both broken and only a few pieces came out. I was never able to figure out where the rest of the...
  7. Blake101

Tub/Shower - No Hot Water

The house we just bought has a spare bathroom and it has an old cast iron tub with shower. When you turn the water all the way to the right you get nice cold water. If you turn it to the left it warms up a little bit but is still cold. I took a picture of the insides to see if you guys could...
  8. Blake101

I checked and the toilets in the house have an 11 3/4" and a 11" rough in. Would these Entrada toilets still work?
  9. Blake101

I'm not sure why it shows AZ. I'm in Central Florida. I checked and the toilets in the house have an 11 3/4" and a 11" rough in. Would these Entrada toilets still work?
  10. Blake101

Another question. I was thinking of buying the toilets from an online retailer because their warehouse is just a state away and hopefully that would limit any issues with shipping. I noticed they had an installation kit with Nylon closet bolts. Are these any good? Seems like they would...
  11. Blake101

Thanks for the response. I'll let you guys know how we like them once they're installed. I should be using this forum a lot since we have a tub and water heater to replace and don't know what to buy.
  12. Blake101

The smaller tank on the Entrada might look better since both bathrooms are fairly small. Other than that they look very similar to me. Your guide mentions that the Drake has a quiet flush. Is it consideably quieter that the Entrada?
  13. Blake101

My wife and I just purchased a new house and both bathrooms have very old toilets. I was researching and initially decided on an American Standard Clean model but then saw Terry's guide and I am now looking at the Drake and Entrada models. The plumbing supply store that stocks Toto products in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks