Search results

1. petepdx

Size of well seal ?

The diameter of the well seal on my well is approx 6.665" (6-11/16"). The OD of the pipe is just a hair smaller. What "size" is it ? Measured by taking the circumference of the seal since there is a pipe in the way :) -pete
  2. petepdx

Park quick disconnect fittings

I've getting close to start putting together all the parts for my little project. Inside will be a 'place holder' for a CSV (couple unions spaced for a future CSV1A, pressure tank, air/water mix tank, and an iron removal Fleck/tank. Except for the 1" PE pipe from the well that is so nicely...
  3. petepdx

Changing well seals.

The top of my well pipe is a few inches below grade. Eventually I will consider having a section of pipe welded on to raise things up, and change to a pitless fitting. I'm going to need to sterilize the well soon. The current setup does not give me access. The pipe is 6" steel, and the seal...
  4. petepdx

Removing concrete from well seal

A upcoming part of my saga requires the well to be 'shocked' This is a property and its well that has not occupied for close to 15 years. One would not think that this would be a hassle but the previous installer in his wisdom "sealed" his work by slapping left over concrete all over the well...
  5. petepdx

Looking for fitting

I want to use the fill port on a tank head, and would like to get a couple of the plugs. It looks to be 1-3/4" but I can't identify the threads http://goo.gl/Sj18bP -pete
  6. petepdx

Can someone identify this fitting & discount place to get new manifold

I'm looking at using a used Pentair fibreglass tank as a air/water reservoir for a Iron removal setup. The tank has a 4.5" manifold with two fittings I can't identify that have been added to the 1" NPT openings. A few pictures http://goo.gl/SxFjVm Not sure if they will come out easily, they...
  7. petepdx

How does one get inside an Iron removal tank to replace the media ?

My learning experience continues ... I believe my Fleck is a 2500, it mounts to the tank via a 2 bolt flange. I pulled the Fleck 'head' off the tank and now need to know how one removes the tank flange. Didn't want to try to unscrew it before getting advice...
  8. petepdx

Looking for comments on well/pump

Finally got to where I can get water out of the well for the first time in close to 10 years Major concern and looking for comments is on the condition of the pump First the well report Water free flow after a good 15 minutes With a Toro pressure/flow unit (came from Home Depot new in the...
  9. petepdx

Air injection - how much ?

Is there a rule of thumb for how much air needs to be injected into an iron removal system. Something like CFM (cubic feet/minute) per gallon of water ? Knowing it will vary based on the amount of iron in the water. Basically I'm thinking about replacing a hydro-charger/micronizer with a...
  10. petepdx

Dielectric union at pressure tank or not ?

I'm rebuilding a wells plumbing. The pressure tanks fitting is a galvanized 1-1/4" FPT. The cast brass tank tee I've selected with a union, is 1-1/4" MPT to the tank. Should I be concerned about corrosion ? If so, I can't find a dielectric union of the right combination. The best I could...
  11. petepdx

Well air injection 1" waterite vs mazzei

Any comments/feelings on one vs. the other ? Purpose is for iron removal
  12. petepdx

What is this fitting called ?

http://goo.gl/hzklSJ It is on a conditioner that removed iron from well water. I'm re-plumbing and want to change the fittings. thanks -pete
  13. petepdx

Anyone recognize this brass valve make ?

https://plus.google.com/photos/111617808980322733757/albums/5964809654710897601
  14. petepdx

Hammer Arrestor to ProPex .. suggestions

Looking at options for adding water hammer arrestors to a Uponor (ProPex) setup. Suggestions on going from the brass MNPT of the arrestor to the pipes. So far only thing I can come up with is a Pex - Pex - Pex tee then a short nipple of pex pipe then a pex - female NPT. Have not found a...
  15. petepdx

Uponor AquaPEX size 1/2 vs 3/4

Getting ready to change the galvanized with AquaPEX in my urban 1950's rancher with full basement (easy access to everything for a change!!!) I'm going to use 1" up to a manifold, but on the other side I can't decide if I should use 1/2 or 3/4 ? The coming summer I'll replace the line from...
  16. petepdx

Looking for info on a MacClean MCA-1J iron filter

Any information on parts, the valve body is leaking. And correct instalation, spec the air injector setting thanks -pete
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks