Search results

1. Paul Reece

New house, 55+ community, cookie-cutter designs... can't FIND the irrigation BFP.

There are 45 nearly identical homes (in footprint anyway) with identical Hunter irrigation systems. Warm we3ather climate (Atlanta) with shallow buried irrigation piping. Homes are on slabs... no basements or crawl spaces. Three front-yard access boxes (water meter, whole-house shutoff...
  2. Paul Reece

Can we do gutters and downspouts in this forum?

If so, I would appreciate some input to a plan I'm considering. I have a large but low and poorly drained back yard. The two downspouts on the back of my house empty into this low area. On the most troublesome side of the house, I want to direct the water from that backyard downspout to the...
  3. Paul Reece

Replace ONE large tile (and substrate) on shower wall

My best access to the faucet/filler plumbing of my bathtub was through the wall of the adjacent shower stall. That wall is tiled with large 12 x 24 ceramic tiles. I was successful in cutting out one complete tile and its substrate (something similar to Durock) without damaging surrounding...
  4. Paul Reece

Is "Vacuum Breaker Arrestor" really needed here?

I have a deck mounted, three-hole filler spout on my bathtub, and I want to replace it using the same holes to install a three-piece unit consisting of a mixer valve, spout with diverter, and hand shower. Hole spacing is not an issue. Kohler's installation guide recommends the installation of a...
  5. Paul Reece

Kohler "Archer" acrylic: Install guide makes NO MENTION of ledgers. WHY?

My wife and I are in our fifth whole-house renovation. This ain't our first rodeo... and it's not our first bathtub installation, either. In fact I was just beginning to feel pretty comfortable with the ledger board/mortar bed process. But now, there's this. As I continue to struggle with the...
  6. Paul Reece

Bathtub (with shower) trap size

I recognize and understand the need for a 2" drain pipe from the tub to the stack, and I get it about vent location. But of course the tub drain is 1.5". I had planned to transition immediately out of that 1.5" tailpiece into a 2" trap, but life would be so much easier if I could do the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks