Search results

1. GeoP

Basement Sink Drain

Another option is the 3" main waste line (going into foundation) is right next to it but there is a clean out right at the height I would need for the sink drain. I guess if it would be somehow better I could add it there instead and move the cleanout higher but would need boots since that pipe...
  2. GeoP

Basement Sink Drain

There are no water draining fixtures above where I plan to connect. The pipe runs from under the foundation to roof. So that is okay to drain a small bar sink into that?
  3. GeoP

Basement Sink Drain

Hi, I am looking to add a sink in the basement and have a question about the DWV line. The waste line runs underground (despite being a basement) and the 2" main vent pipe goes under the slab and connects to the main waste line. Can I cut a section out of the 2" vertical vent pipe (above...
  4. GeoP

Basement Rough-In Design & Venting

Thanks to you both. They are long turn 90s. If it is not a horrible problem waiting to happen I may just leave it. However if so (to be clear) this is what you suggest would be better?
  5. GeoP

Hi Wayne one final question. I built option D as you suggested but had to navigate around the foundation to get the vent into the wall framing. Any concerns with my series of bends? Shown in the pic.
  6. GeoP

Thanks Wayne!!! If I follow you you mean this?
  7. GeoP

Okay jack hammering over the weekend was fun :) However, now have hopefully the last question... To meet up with my main waste line I am only about 15 inches below grade so don't have a lot of height to stack up fittings for rear (wet) vent line. Can I tie into a wye (option A) or is B...
  8. GeoP

Hi. Attached are 2 cleaner drawings. Is option A or B a better plan? and would I need the dedicated vent for the shower in option A?
  9. GeoP

I don't live in Chicago, I am way out in the Western Suburbs (Kane County). I am altering the design but curious about the vent pitch question above.
  10. GeoP

I think I will change my design a bit but a new nubie question. If I am venting into a line attached to a floor drain (goes from under foundation floor to roof) does it matter which way I pitch the PVC - so long as it is pitched one way for condensation?
  11. GeoP

Thank you. Yes my drawing is crude but plan to use wyes. Good tip on the lav pipe.
  12. GeoP

Hi all - I'm adding a bathroom in a basement and trying to limit the amount of concrete I need to break up. Is this design okay without a dedicated vent line from the shower? Many Thanks, George
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks