Search results

1. Irish Mtn

Did I burn out my pump?

I have a slow well and I was testing the water volume and pumping gpms so I could set the ball valve output into the cistern. I relied on my PumpSaver to shut it off when the well went dry. When the flow stopped, I ran back to the panel to flip the breaker anyway in less than 1 min. That was...
  2. Irish Mtn

GPM calcs after fracking

I have been getting town water trucked in for a few years, but decided to give fracking a try on my 6yo 240' well that only produced 0.1 gpm of highly mineralized water. The fracker worked on the top portion of the well and within about 30 min of finishing, told me the well now produced 2 gpm of...
  3. Irish Mtn

Noise from pressure tank

I just installed an entirely new cistern-fed 40/60 system and immediately have a cavitation noise, which gets louder when the pressure builds past 55psi. The fill cuts off at 59psi, but drops a point or two after. The tank refill takes 40 seconds, which is faster than I'd like. Video is posted...
  4. Irish Mtn

Setting up low-flow well --> cistern --> house

Hi all, I'm new to the world of wells and could use some advice. The local well contractors are giving me conflicting opinions. I have literally sunk a lot of dollars into a 250' well that only produces less than 1/4 gpm. I then had a 1200gal concrete cistern set about halfway along a total run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks