Search results

1. Nwoodard34

Filtration Stack for Removing Fine Sediment/Sand

Hey all, thanks to the awesome contributors here. I am hoping I can call on you once again to help me with my well filter stack. We moved into a new house back in the spring that is on well water. The current setup is well ->> pump ->> pressure tank --> spindown filter --> hot water...
  2. Nwoodard34

Cracked copper HVAC condensate pipe

I am sure it is for the condensate line. It is not very well supported and seems to just rest on the ceiling (they used furring strips to hang the ceiling instead of routing some of the plumbing components, including this one, through the joists. Yes there is a pump and yes it has copper...
  3. Nwoodard34

It is a furnance but I don't think a high efficiency one. There is nothing like a neutralizer external to the unit other than the pump. It runs across that room and over the laundry room before popping out of the wall to discharge into the slop sink. Upon further inspection after making...
  4. Nwoodard34

Hey guys, noticed a black/soft spot in my basement ceiling last night and poked at it with my finger and it went right through. Turns out the condensate pipe for the HVAC is cracked and had been leaking on it (for how long is anyone's guess since that room doesn't get much foot traffic!)...
  5. Nwoodard34

Dropped some cut PVC into basement floor drain

Nice ok, that makes sense but unfortunately my drain doesn't have the cleanout line. Wish it did though! I'll give the drain bladder a try. Appreciate the advice.
  6. Nwoodard34

Side note the PVC pieces weren't what was clogging up the drain. It still backs up if I open the spin down valve more than halfway and takes a while to drain back down. Reach4 has mentioned a clean out plug attached. I am having trouble visualizing what that would look like for a floor drain...
  7. Nwoodard34

Alright guys yeah the shop vac was the right answer. Sucked them right out. Thanks for the help. To show my appreciation here is a pic of the pieces as well as my final result
  8. Nwoodard34

So I was installing a flush pipe from my spin down filter into the basement floor drain this weekend and cut off a piece of PVC for the job. Due to my carelessness, the little piece I cut off rolled down into the drain. This would be annoying but not terribly embarrassing. It happens right...
  9. Nwoodard34

Help Identifying this Elbow & Pipe material

Excellent, I will give the heat gun a go to get it off. If I wanted to go ahead and do PEX, it would be something like this? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Genova-1-in-Dia-Insert-Combination-Elbow/3455038 I did not realize two jubilee clamps were needed on each joint. Do you arrange them side by...
  10. Nwoodard34

Alright, thanks for the response. I figured that would be the case for the PEX and that fitting. So to replace with pex, I'll need a new elbow. I found a couple sharkbites in 1/2" with a quick google search but nothing that is 1". Would one of the big box stores likely have the suitable elbow...
  11. Nwoodard34

Hey guys, this forum has been a lot of help to me in the past and I am calling on the helpful experts here again if I may. This time for my well plumbing (just moved from the city out to the country and have little experience working on well systems). Couple of questions: 1. What is this...
  12. Nwoodard34

P-Trap piping doesn't line up

So I decided to just cut off the trap adapter and glue another one on to get the cleanest possible setup instead of trying to get into weird plumbing extensions and configurations. I started to try and dremmel the old one and pry it off in pieces to preserve as much of the stub as possible, but...
  13. Nwoodard34

Yeah good point. I used the 1" number because that's about how much I need (see the second picture in my OP) but more would be better since I can slip the trap arm out of the adapter a bit if need be. Going as close as possible to the wall is the right way to go. Thanks for your help.
  14. Nwoodard34

Yeah I think this is the route I am going to go. A little bit more of a PITA since i'll have to cut off the marvel connector to give myself enough room to work with before bumping into the wall but this will probably be the cleanest and prettiest way to do it.
  15. Nwoodard34

AH man, this looks like the easiest thing because it would allow me to keep all the existing piping I've installed and just run this to what is there. I don't see a 1.25" on HD or Lowes website but Ace has it and I can probably find it there without too much trouble. Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. Nwoodard34

Ugh I dunno--those things look awfully suspect to me. I'll probably opt for a more robust solution, but I would be curious for people's experieinces with them. Shallower escutcheon is a good idea but if I am going to have to hacksaw the pipe/trap adapter off anyway, I'll probably just slice...
  17. Nwoodard34

Hey thanks for responding to my post Terry. I think that would probably work just fine, but just so I'm clear, I would have to cut the trap adapter off first, right? If so, I envision the assembly looks like: 1. Wall stub (1.5" diameter) 2. 45 degree elbow with female/male ends (female end...
  18. Nwoodard34

Man that really does look like chrome on your computer. It took me a minute to realize that was actually part of MY photo. Weird It is 1.5". You can see where I had started to cut the pipe before I realized that I wouldn't have enough room to do that if I did before running into the wall...
  19. Nwoodard34

No that is just a 1.5" PVC pipe. Not sure why it would look like a chrome piece on your computer. It is attached to the marvel connector with primer/cement.
  20. Nwoodard34

Hey guys, I've run into a bit of an issue after installing a new bathroom sink--I can't get the P-Trap installed because I can't get the piping lined up. There's not enough room between the marvel connector (I think that's the name of it anyway--the piece with the male end that is cemented to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks