Search results

1. HighqualityPlumbing

Temperature fluctuation of gas hot water heater / thermostat

I installed a new Bradford White gas tank water heater URG140T6N model year 2019. It has a honeywell V2 thermostat, see page 20 in https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/BradfordWhite-URG140T6N-394-InstallInstructions.pdf My house is old and the showers have no thermostatic...
  2. HighqualityPlumbing

Price Pfister vs. Moen bathroom faucets - gaskets, warranty

I notice that all major manufacturers except Moen supply gaskets with their bathroom faucets. Moen requires messy use of putty or silicone for faucet and handles, for all models that I looked at (Banbury, Align widespread models, ...) - no gaskets; metal on granite sink. Also, Moen is ca. 50 to...
  3. HighqualityPlumbing

Kitchen faucet side spray detachable?

Can the hose or connection to the side spray of a modern kitchen faucet usually be capped under the sink (side spray optional, e.g. no hole in sink available, or side spray otherwise not wanted), or am I stuck with the side spray if I buy a faucet with side spray?
  4. HighqualityPlumbing

How to CORRECTLY install a shower head?

My shower head is leaking at the connection to the shower arm. Whenever I screw on the shower head and tighten, the rubber washer that was included with the shower head (and most other washers that I tried to use instead) get pushed into the shower arm pipe, rendering it useless! Adding plenty...
  5. HighqualityPlumbing

Pullout vs. standard kitchen faucet - buying decisions

Hi, I have a few basic questions to the pro plumbers regarding kitchen faucet types: 1. Do pullout kitchen faucets, on average, require more maintenance/repair in the long run? 2. What is the pullout hose of brand name faucets typically made of? Stainless steel outside, plastic inside? What's...
  6. HighqualityPlumbing

Boiling water in ABS pipe - kitchen sink

Will a pot of boiling water poured down a kitchen sink melt ABS pipe starting ca. 2 feet downstream (after garbage disposal and under-sink piping which I couldn't care less about as it's easily replaceable)? I know the max operating temp of ABS is 180 deg F which is below the temp of boiling...
  7. HighqualityPlumbing

Grease in plastic drain pipes - prevention

Will grease clog plastic drain pipes in the long run? Background: I had plenty of clogs in my old iron sewer pipes, until I replaced all my drain pipes with plastic pipes about 3 years ago. I poured grease and oil from frying pans down the kitchen sink since then, thinking it won't stick to...
  8. HighqualityPlumbing

Lead-free fittings and fixtures

Why are shower valves exempt from the lead-free plumbing regulations? Isn't the shower valve connected to the house potable water system, and the leached lead will distribute throughout the potable water pipes?
  9. HighqualityPlumbing

Brass vs. plastic pressure reducing valve

Is there any disadvantage of using a brass PRV (e.g. Watts LFX65BU, pressure range 20-80 psi) for drip irrigation lines over the plastic PRVs that are usually sold at sprinkler supply stores? What is the respective expected longevity? thanks.
  10. HighqualityPlumbing

Backflow device for greywater changeover device

I have a gravity based greywater system that is fed from a rain barrel with water level about 3-6 feet above ground. The rain barrel has an inlet from the roof gutters, as well as from the laundry machine. (Biodegradable detergents will be used when the laundry water is used for greywater.) I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks