Search results

1. Sydflash

Can supply pipe touch DWV pipe

I have a situation where the supply pipe (pex) for a shower-head (after the valve) is touching the shower drain vent (pvc). Is this an issue? I am a little worried that if the shower is not used for a while then the standing water in the supply could freeze on an extremely cold day. I’m...
  2. Sydflash

Shower Lights - On With Bathroom Lights?

Do you think that the lights in a shower should be on their own switch or should they come on when the main bathroom lights are turned on? I had planned on putting the lights on their own switch, but then I was thinking that this might make the shower look like a black hole when someone turns...
  3. Sydflash

Bathroom Vanity Stop Valve Type Recommendation

What is the best way to connect a bathroom vanity faucet stop valve to 1/2" copper supply lines? I am leaning toward sweating threaded MIP adapters on the ends of the supply lines. I think I have ruled out going with sweating the valves directly to the supplies - too hard to remove. And...
  4. Sydflash

Removing Circulator to Change Gaskets

Noticed today that the gaskets on my circulators are dry and brittle and one has a small leak. I've heard these called "football" gaskets. Seemed like an easy task to replace them, but after removing the bolts from the flanges I can't get the circulator to budge. Is there a trick to getting...
  5. Sydflash

Reverse Osmosis Saddle Drain on Vent?

This question concerns a NH plumbing issue. I would like to install a Drain Saddle for a Reverse Osmosis System on a vent pipe. The code says "The discharge from a reverse osmosis drinking water treatment unit shall enter the drainage system through an air gap...". I think this means I...
  6. Sydflash

Want to change well tank pressure

I want to go to 40/60 tank pressure, but want to check that the equipment I have can handle it. There is lots of advice around on how to change the pressure but not much regarding what one needs to consider first. Can anyone give me advice on what equipment specs I need to check before...
  7. Sydflash

Is this dwv config ok?

Humbly, I would like some opinions on whether this shower drain configuration is ok?
  8. Sydflash

How does shower line drain through tub spout when valve is off and diverter is set to tub?

I am looking to install a rain-head and don't want a plumbing set up where I end up with the rain head line full of water when the shower valve is off. I have always had a shower/tub set up using a Symmons Temptrol valve with a built in diverter. Can someone tell me how - with the valve off...
  9. Sydflash

Well leak @ basement entry point

My well is leaking where it enters the basement when the pump runs. Just started. Is there anything I should try or do before I call a plumber? I typically do all my own plumbing but where this is on the well side, I am at a loss. Can I tell anything by opening the well head? Any way I can...
  10. Sydflash

Symmons Temptrol Stripped Seats

I went and completely stripped the cold seat on my Symmons Model A Temptrol. The brass peeled off like butter - so smooth I thought the seat was turning. Has anyone ever successfully used a stripped screw extractor on one of these? If so, what type of cutters did it have? What was the...
  11. Sydflash

Laundry Sink Sump Discharge Question

I can't wrap my mind around how to tie the discharge of a laundry sink sump into existing plumbing. I have come to the conclusion that the sump chamber needs to vent through the roof. What I am having a hard time with is figuring if the discharge necessitates its own vent or do i need to make...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks