Search results

1. ttw4454

Insulating Basement Floors

I am planning on insulating the walls and floors of my basement. I will use Styrofoam on the walls with furring strips and then drywall. I also will use Styrofoam on the floors and plywood over that anchored with tapcons. The question I have is should I do the floor first or the walls...
  2. ttw4454

P Trap Extension

It appears as though I roughed in my waste outlet too high in my laundry room. Approx 22" above finished floor. I am using a double bowl kitchen sink in this room. The bowls are deep. I attached an end outlet drain attached to a standard P-Trap. These are pvc fittings. Problem is that this...
  3. ttw4454

Self Leveling Compound

I am about to finish off my basement. The floor is not level in general and also has some pits from where I pried up the bottom plates of some old walls. I had laminate/linoleum type tiles glued to the floor in some spots and those have been scraped off but a small amount of adhesive may be...
  4. ttw4454

Hot Water Boiler Value

I have a 2002 Crown hot water boiler that I would like to sell but have no idea of the current value. It was purchased for approx $1400 back in the fall of 2002. It was only in the house I bought for 3 yrs before I took it out and seems to be in excellent condition. Can anyone help me on...
  5. ttw4454

Concrete Spalling

I have a section of concrete in my drive that has some significant spalling. Less than 2 yrs old and contractor or cement company won't cover it. Has anyone had any experience in using concrete resurfacing products. I.E. Quikcrete Concrete Resurfacer? Do these products eventually look as...
  6. ttw4454

Only hot water out of tub

I have a Moen Posi-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve. New construction. I can only get hot water out of the tub spout and shower head. I know I have cold water to the bathroom as I have it at the sinks. Could the cartridge perhaps be plugged? Any advice on how to proceed? Thanks,
  7. ttw4454

Wood floor buckling

I recently put down some 3/4" maple flooring in our kitchen. I made the mistake of checking the hot water supply before hooking up the supply line to the dishwasher. Approx .5-1 gallon of water came out and was quickly wiped up. Unfortunately, a bit later the seams started to buckle in that...
  8. ttw4454

Effluent pumps

I'm putting in a bathroom in my basement. I would appreciate if anyone could provide recommendations on size of waste crock and submersible effluent pumps (HP, brand name, etc). Thanks
  9. ttw4454

Installing toilets over wood flooring

I'm installing new maple flooring in my house. Are there any special precautions to take for installing toilets over wood flooring? Thanks,
  10. ttw4454

Advice on Power Vented Hot Water Heaters...

I am in the initial stages of purchasing a power vented hot water heater. Does anyone have some advice on high quality brands, what sizes they come in, how long you could vent it, etc? Thanks,
  11. ttw4454

No pressure in 2nd floor tub

I have a new house construction project and I plumbed the house myself. My problem is that I have very little pressure coming out of the 2nd floor bathtub spout. I ran 3/4" water lines up from the crawl space. We are on city water. I do not have the hot water tank hooked up yet so I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks