Search results

1. Peter Taylor

Loud Humming Noise From Outside Faucet

Jim I know my limitations and will hired a plumber :) It seems that one of those two things, or both, may need to be fix. And by his/her recommendation I will probably get any new equipment too. Again thank you so much for all your tips. and now I know where to come for help :) :cool:;)
  2. Peter Taylor

Jim I went back to the home depot and came home 20 mins ago. I replace the plug with a new P&T. As soon as the mainline H2O came on it stripped the A&T for the pressure is still 160psi and is dripping again but not humming noises. As I mentioned the mainline does have a PRV similar to this one...
  3. Peter Taylor

Again thank you. I will read this a few times until I can digest it :) And I was wrong the psi shot to almost 160 instead of 180psi but is still high. You can see it on the photo. I look at pics of the PRV and now I remember that we have one attached to the incoming line at the front of the house.
  4. Peter Taylor

I now remember that you mentioned this "PRV (pressure reduction valve) instead...that will also allow you to maintain a fairly constant pressure 24/7." So where is that attached to? TIA!
  5. Peter Taylor

Jim I went to HomeDepot and got the gauge and a stopper or cover for the pipe. They didn't have the GP that you mentioned but the one I bought work well. I measure the pressure at the same faucet with the problem. It was reading less than 70psi. Then I took out the valve relieve valve...
  6. Peter Taylor

I will get the pressure gauge first and take it from there. Again I am very grateful. Have a great day and keep sharing your knowledge while making a difference. Yes...having a pressure relief valve there is not a very common thing. If you DO have excessive pressure, it's best to not waste...
  7. Peter Taylor

WOW I am very grateful for your well detailed helpful comments. That said, is it possible to just saw that part off and seal it and just have the faucet like a regular one?
  8. Peter Taylor

Also it will solve the issue if I saw off that extra part where the pressure relief valve is attached and seal it off so I only have the faucet like most of them are.
  9. Peter Taylor

Yes it drips when is off and still keeps humming. If I turn any other faucet then noise goes off. Right now I have the main water line off for is driving every one crazy in our home. The house was built in 1926 but the pipes have been change. I will try to get the water pressure at homedepot...
  10. Peter Taylor

Hello folks this is my first time in here. There is an outside faucet in our home that started making loud humming sounds. Yet the noise goes off as soon as we turn it on. It also goes off if any other indoors water source is on and that includes the faucet underneath the toilets. humming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks