Search results

1. MrFinPgh

Offset p-trap, Hansgrohe fixture, Ikea Sink -- Questions

sorry - I should have been clearer about that. I took the drain assembly extension off to try and show the offset. The issue is getting the drain extension into the p trap. The p trap is about an inch short from being able to hook up to the drain extension - even with swiveling and adjusting.
  2. MrFinPgh

Thanks, Terry. I thought I had enough play to swivel the p-trap when I tried to install it this morning. If I back out the trap arm a lot, and pull things , I can sort of force it into place, but it pulls the drain's seal and there's a leak. It's close, but it seems like the trap is a bit...
  3. MrFinPgh

I'm hoping to wrap up my bathroom remodel this weekend and one of the last items on the list is installing the lav sink. Here's the configuration as it stands: The sink is a 16" wide Ikea Lillangen sink. The faucet I'd like to use is a Hansgrohe Tallis E -- this came with a pop-up drain. The...
  4. MrFinPgh

Fernco to ABS P Trap - questions

After having a plumber come out to fix my last issue, I'm back with a couple more questions: The plumber removed the old tee to the DWV and put in a new tee with two fernco fittings. I think he also glued a threaded adapter at the end. See this: However, I have two issues happening: 1)...
  5. MrFinPgh

Three Questions

Absolutely. I actually was telling a neighbor this exact thing this afternoon -- I'm fine as long as everything works like the instructions say it should. Once the unexpected happens, the scope of work changes and I'm unprepared to deal with it. I had a pro out today to fix the drain - we...
  6. MrFinPgh

Three Questions

Thanks, Jim. I picked up some tinning flux this morning and was able to get the coupling attached without any leaking. I had to also use a piece of bread, because it turned out there was still some moisture in the pipe. I wasn't able to successfully attach the tub spout pipe to the valve...
  7. MrFinPgh

Three Questions

Thanks, Jim. I was able to get the shutoffs on and leak free for up to 24 hours. Don't suppose you recognize that Flange? Since I made that first post, I went to remove a window casing and ended up having to take down a good 1/3 of a plaster wall (asbestos, lead, and horsehair all in one...
  8. MrFinPgh

Three Questions

Hi, I'm remodeling a bathroom and began to do demo this morning. So far, it seems to be a comedy of errors or surprises. 1) after three trips to the store, I finally obtained the proper sized shutoffs for my toilet and sink supplies (3/8-3/8, 1/4 turn, threaded to compression). Now the two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks