Search results

1. Giantsean

Problematic A/C condenser attic drain

The picture is a little deceptive, the pipe makes a slow bend down then drops where 2x10 joists become 2x8 (it's an added-on-to old house). That said, I definitely want to move those PEX pipes over the top of the drain pipe and isolate them better when I clean up that trap setup... all that...
  2. Giantsean

There is no secondary in the pan... it does not sit high enough to make the drop (or they just cheaped out). A secondary drain may have helped take up some of the water from the pan but the real problem was not the pan overflowing but the water coming out of the cleanout outside of the range of...
  3. Giantsean

Hi All, Our upstairs air handler (installed in attic) has a problem with leaking, and because our installers were pretty much hacks, it's been a long struggle. This summer I finally want to get it right and prevent what happened last year (overflow into the ceiling joists/insulation). On...
  4. Giantsean

See you later, not goodbye!

I'm so sorry to hear of Terry's passing... just came on to look up some information and discovered in one shot that he had left us. He helped me personally more than once, the first time significantly enough to allow work at our house to pass inspection and continue. Bless Terry and his...
  5. Giantsean

Older Navien CH240 error question

Per my guy they will warranty replace it with an NCB240-130H. I noticed the space heating BTU specs are a bit less on this model... is this all mostly paper engineering at this point?
  6. Giantsean

Older Navien CH240 error question

I have an original vintage 2012 Navien CH240 which has already been replaced once (in 2015) for a dripping heat exchanger. Yesterday it started throwing Error 35 (gas pressure sensor) pretty regularly, though it has calmed down somewhat and will run longer at lower DHW temps before the error...
  7. Giantsean

Appliance regulators for 2psi gas service

Thanks.. it's very interesting as you'd think it would either work poorly or not work at all in the best case, or much worse in the worst case. Someone elsewhere pointed this out from the manual and I didn't realize the significance until now: From Electrolux dryer install manual..... 6. The...
  8. Giantsean

Appliance regulators for 2psi gas service

I'm putting in some new return ducts to improve our HVAC system, currently working the basement. Last night I disassembled a duct which revealed the gas piping to our laundry room. I was surprised to see that the gas dryer line was completely devoid of a regulator (I know for sure there is not...
  9. Giantsean

Acrylic tub crack repair

Has anyone heard of "pasting" a new floor into an acrylic tub to fix a crack?
  10. Giantsean

Valuing antique cast iron sink

Hi All, Not sure if this is the right place but figured someone here ought to have some advice. I have recently replaced a Standard (pre-AS) cast iron double basin kitchen sink, which had been used as a basement utility sink for probably 60+ years if not more... I had thought it was 40's-50's...
  11. Giantsean

Bar/slop sink slow drain

Yes also thought about that, and just get a removeable strainer in it's place (the kind w/ the big flange that just fit over a hole). In this case I want more to go down and I am usually picking crap out of the crossbars that get stuck. I even thought maybe changing the tailpiece gasket from a...
  12. Giantsean

Bar/slop sink slow drain

So I swapped out the small drain for the larger opening unit, and while it is a little better, it didn't make the difference I thought it might. I think part of the problem is the narrower tailpiece flange helps choke the opening to around the size of the smaller drain's opening. Guess they...
  13. Giantsean

Bar/slop sink slow drain

Thanks Jeff. I noticed most of the "2 inch" drains available are actually less than 2" and have similarly large crossbars. Probably fine for a small bar sink or something but not much more. What I can NOT find though is a good source for larger drains like my old one up there. The diameter...
  14. Giantsean

Bar/slop sink slow drain

Ok I know I promised the last post was my last... but... :p This one should be pretty easy. All in all everything works a treat, EXCEPT the basins of this sink fill up pretty quickly and the drain seems like it can't keep up. It is not awful but one faucet running will keep the water level in...
  15. Giantsean

No water flow - tankless water heater (Navien)

I have a CH240 which is similar. What are you seeing on the LCD panel when the problem is happening? Does it just cycle through supply temp and pressure?
  16. Giantsean

Slop sink... the final chapter

I do not know the full history of mine but by time I got it, my legs (all three of them lol) were made from 1 1/4" galvanized pipe, attached with one nut/bolt each with no crossmembers... definitely not a recipe for stability lol. I ended up with this frame upon which it sits now, made from 3/4...
  17. Giantsean

Old school faucet repair

Finally went to the supply house and priced out parts. Everything including new seats will run about 35 bucks. Most of the metal washers are NLA but mine are in ok shape. BTW how do you get those seats out of the body? Looks like a bit of a challenge lol
  18. Giantsean

Old school faucet repair

At least I'll get a lifetime labor guarantee :D
  19. Giantsean

Old school faucet repair

GB is world-class crap for certain... the one nice thing about it is that they will send you parts for as long as they make them. I will swing by my local plumbing supply house tomorrow and see what makes the most sense. Thanks fellas... great advice here as always!
  20. Giantsean

Old school faucet repair

I actually wonder if this is the same model available at Big Orange under the Glacier Bay brand The ONE thing I like about old stuff is lack of new stuff.. ie no flow restrictors in the mix. You're right though... the downside is even aside from time, gathering all the washers and parts may be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks