Search results

1. Threehappypenguins

Help with calculations for water softener settings

What does it mean if it's set to 0? Does it regenerate every night then? Sorry about me having trouble comprehending what you're saying. I read over what you said, several times. Does the day override mean that it doesn't meter track the water at all? So for example, if I set day override to...
  2. Threehappypenguins

Clean Sediment & Minerals from Water Lines?

While we were installing our water softener and cutting open the lines, we noticed that inside the lines it was black/brown/reddish and slimy and there was a build-up of sediment. We are on well water. We have a Big Blue sediment filter. We installed the softener, not just to get rid of hard...
  3. Threehappypenguins

Thank you, that makes sense now (with the 18 lbs thing). As for YouTube, yes, I have watched numerous videos, but they're not helpful. For example, the one from Pentair doesn't actually *explain* the settings. There was another video with the same problem. One of the videos said to leave the Day...
  4. Threehappypenguins

Direction of Barbed Drainage Fitting?

For reference, here is what I was referring to with the barb fitting going down and then the tube looping up: As for the drainage going outside, here is what I was referring to. I don't know how I would put a vacuum breaker onto a hose or if it would even be necessary? I said double wye, but...
  5. Threehappypenguins

The instruction manual linked doesn't specify, or at least, I don't understand it. I had read it before I posted here. Why did you write in brackets 18 lbs total? How is it a total of 18 lbs when it's 9 lbs? I mean, I understand that 18 lbs is double 9, but I don't understand why you doubled...
  6. Threehappypenguins

I don't understand... isn't the resin the 64K grain thing? As for the kg thing, it's under "Capacity." I can change how many kg: And then when I'm done with the settings, it just cycles through all the settings with the display to show everything. When it gets to capacity, it then appears to...
  7. Threehappypenguins

Sorry, I didn't mean I put an actual p-trap, but that putting the barb elbow in the down direction forces the hose to go down until I can loop it back up to go toward the ceiling (without kinking it). It doesn't go to a sewer. It goes to a 1 1/2" ABS double wye (other one is a sump pump), which...
  8. Threehappypenguins

Well water. It's technically 10 GPG with roughly 1.5 ppm manganese and 0.5 ppm iron. So I calculated a total of 12 GPG. The Logix 760 controller has an L for Low, S for Standard, and H for High, and so far I found out that Standard is 9 lbs/cuft.
  9. Threehappypenguins

Thanks. We just ended up orienting it down so it's sorta like a p-trap and then it goes up to the ceiling, across, and into a pipe in the wall that leads to an air gap outside and to a 4" pipe which leads to a drywell we dug.
  10. Threehappypenguins

We have a 64K (2.0 cuft) water softener system, 12 GPG hardness, 2 adults, 1 teenager, 2 kids, and a baby in our house. How would I go about setting our control panel? It's an Autotrol 760. I figured out to set the 2.0 cuft, but beyond that, I really don't understand all the options. Isn't there...
  11. Threehappypenguins

We are going to be draining our softener to a drain that is above. We have a barbed fitting elbow for the drainage from the softener. Do we have to point the fitting downward, essentially creating a p-trap? Or can we point it upward? We can't point it to either side because there's not enough...
  12. Threehappypenguins

Need help with brine line fittings

Thanks. I ended up making a new post asking questions about the bypass valve.
  13. Threehappypenguins

Need Info on Autotrol 255's Bypass Valve

I bought a complete water softener system (valve, fibreglass tank, brine tank, etc) with the Autotrol 255 valve and it was supposed to come with a bypass valve but didn't. My experience with the vendor hasn't exactly been very good, and so I want to ask the right questions from the vendor so I'm...
  14. Threehappypenguins

THANK YOU. That video is perfect and is exactly what we have, minus the brass insert. We did not buy from Aquatell, but bought from The Water Guy. It's been a nightmare. We ordered a 60K system (2 cuft) which took a couple of months to arrive, and then it arrived with resin already in the...
  15. Threehappypenguins

We bought a whole water softener system online and had it shipped to us, but it's been a bit of a nightmare with missing pieces, broken parts, etc. And I can never get straight answers from the business we bought it from. The brine line is a black John Guest tubing, and I'm not sure if we have...
  16. Threehappypenguins

Water Softner Backwash... is this okay?

We have an 800 gallon tank and 5 (soon to be 6) people living here. And we may continue to add to our family having more people than that living here long term. I have to pump our tank yearly. There is no way I am going to tie backwash into our septic.
  17. Threehappypenguins

I guess the best I can do is sit tight and wait for the city to get back to me to see if they have the plans for my house and the drainage, and find out just where that drainage goes. If it's totally unknown, then I'll just go with the original plans of draining above ground and then piping it...
  18. Threehappypenguins

*bump* Really hoping to know if it's a good idea to run backwash directly to the basement footing drain tile, and what the downside is if we do this. I am currently awaiting the city to get back to me to let me know if there's even drain tile around our house. I assume there is, but I don't...
  19. Threehappypenguins

We do have a sump pit, but it is bone dry for 95% of the year, and occasionally fills with water but never overflows. There is a pump in it, but it's just loosely sitting there (not secured), and it is tied into our septic system drainage. So it's always unplugged and we don't use it. It clearly...
  20. Threehappypenguins

I don't know? That's why I'm asking these questions. I tried to find info online about people doing the same, and I can't find much.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks