Search results

1. Themus

Any Problem with Capping a Tee to a Main Water Line (to once existing sprinkler system)

Well my son felt better if we removed the whole Tee and removed the threaded portion out of the water meter and ran a splice into the old line. We did and a couple observations. --The old line he dug up about 6 feet and it is to my observation schedule 20. Thinner walls than the schedule 40 I...
  2. Themus

Any Problem with Capping a Tee to a Main Water Line (to once existing sprinkler system)

I appreciate all the feedback. I would have thought 2" would not be too much that the water circulation would interact enough. My son in reading this is now wonder if a repair coupling then would be sufficient.
  3. Themus

My son's main water line to his house has a 3/4" PVC tee that branches off to an old sprinkler system not used for eight years. Its near his water meter. About a foot away from this line we found a shutoff valve that was leaking. He does not care about the sprinkler system. I suggested he cut...
  4. Themus

Thank you for the offer to contact you directly. I found I am limited to 420 characters! Biggest...

Thank you for the offer to contact you directly. I found I am limited to 420 characters! Biggest issue is if I use 1/4" lattice strips to get the backer board over the flange, I have that much to deal with on the matchup to the drywall on one side. Seems like a lot. If you go above the flange...
  5. Themus

Delta shower rough valve installation

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I really do! On the Hardie Backer board being 'crap.' That really has caught me off guard. In tackling this project, I have had to do some research and I was thinking based on what I read, Hardie Backer board was generally considered the best choice. Harder to...
  6. Themus

I was going to put my valve in Saturday, taking everyone's suggestions seriously, and even made a complete mock-up. It looks like for my personal preference to have the handle stick out where I would like, it looks like my stringer is about 1." However, as I readied myself to put the valve in, I...
  7. Themus

Thank you. My big and only goal tomorrow is to get this valve in. I desire the valve handle to be close to the face plate so I will set it up as you all have suggested and see how much room is left behind it. It's looking like I will need to run my 2 x 4 through my table saw to take off a good...
  8. Themus

Thank you. That is what I am trying to do actually by asking about those pictures. I am assuming that is what loudgonzo did there. I don't see on the plaster guard any min or max markings. Just the words Optional on one side and Standard on the side facing up. The plaster guard has two notches...
  9. Themus

@loudgonzo. You are exactly where I am at. I have Moen valve and it looks like using a 2 x 4 would put the valve a good 1/4 - 1/2 beyond my finished surface. Looking at your pictures, are you showing the tile and CBU on top of a table? If so, how are you getting the valve to show the measurement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks