Search results

1. Verdeboy

Attachments Have Reached Their Max

Terry, Can you or a mod delete all my attachments or extend my limit. I tried to delete a few, but it was taking a long time. Thanks
  2. Verdeboy

Toxic Drinking Water

A few weeks ago, I had my 15 minutes of fame for discovering toxic chemicals in our drinking water. The water department had decided to resurface the inside of one of our million gallon holding tanks, and they put it back on line without ever testing the water for VOC's (volatile organic...
  3. Verdeboy

Customer Caught in Time Warp?

I got a call yesterday from a guy who desperately needed to fix a leak between his PRV and his meter. The leak was so bad, the water dept. had turned off his water. I asked if he had tried to call any plumbers, but he said, "I ain't payin' no stinkin' $50 for no plumber to come out." I...
  4. Verdeboy

Bradley Residential Kitchen Faucet

I'm scheduled to fix or replace a leaky Bradley residential single-handle kitchen faucet next week. I've researched this and I know finding parts will be difficult. The home-owner says that he tried to replace a half-dollar sized rubber gasket a few times, but the leak (through the spout)...
  5. Verdeboy

Stuck Valve-Yukky Water

The house I just moved into had low pressure on the cold side of the kitchen faucet. Turned out the cold water shut-off valve had seized up years ago in a mostly-off position. I broke it free, and you wouldn't believe all the crap that came out. The first few minutes, the water was completely...
  6. Verdeboy

Song About The Virginia Tech Tragedy

Here is my latest song, "Field of Daisies." It is dedicated to the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy. I wrote it with a friend from that poetry website I have been talking about. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6272823
  7. Verdeboy

Advice Regarding A Dangerous Website

I've been getting into poetry lately and hanging out on a certain poetry website that usually has between 50 and 100 people on it, including many underaged girls. In fact, there is no age restriction, so the girls can be as young as 10 yo. A few weeks ago, I noticed a suspicious character...
  8. Verdeboy

Question about stacked switch

In my home, I need to replace a stacked modular switch that controls an exhaust fan (top switch) and heated blower (bottom switch). This Nutone, combination heater/exhaust fan is located above my shower. The two hot wires that connect to the upper and lower switches are pigtailed with the...
  9. Verdeboy

Digital Thermostat Question

After turning the power off and then back on, the digital swamp cooler thermostat started blinking. There is a hole marked "reset," with a recessed button, that I pressed and held, repeatedly with the little rod that came with the unit. No luck. Finally, I decided to to try to remove the...
  10. Verdeboy

Jacuzzi Question

I'm doing a bunch of odd jobs for a customer, and they also want me to check their Jacuzzi. They said it was working fine until they had to replace the heating element. Now, the pump makes a humming sound, but the jets don't work, and it won't heat up either. They had a "friend" replace the...
  11. Verdeboy

Why did I get zapped?

I replaced a light fixture in the kitchen of an old, funky house. The wires were a mish-mash of old, cloth-insulated Al wires and new, CU wires with plastic insulation. I marked the wires coming out of the ceiling to be sure I would install the new fixture the same way as the old one. There was...
  12. Verdeboy

More Trailer Fun!!

I spent most of the day installing a new Richmond Trailer HW tank. It was a bear to get the old tank out and put the new one in, because you had to shoe-horn them past the gas and water pipes in the tiny closet that was four feet off the ground. The old tank was so full of lime that it...
  13. Verdeboy

Trailer Tub Faucet Question

I was called to figure out why a trailer tub faucet produces only a trickle of hot water from the hot side, while the cold is working at full pressure. There were no shutoffs, so I shut off the main and pulled the hot stem and flushed out the hot side. The pressure is fine going into the...
  14. Verdeboy

Best Ping Pong Playing I've Ever Seen

Check out this video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=22372214
  15. Verdeboy

AFCI Vs. GFCI

What exactly are the differences between the two, and is the AFCI going to replace the GFCI, or will you need both on certain circuits?
  16. Verdeboy

Slow Computer Today

My computer was running very slowly today, but only on this forum. Was there an exceptionally large amount of traffic today or is there something else going on?
  17. Verdeboy

Kitchen Sink Comparisons

I am doing the legwork for an elderly customer of mine. She has up to $300 to spend on a new kitchen sink. It must be self-rimming and either bone, almond, or bisque color, so stainless is out. My experience with kitchen sinks is mostly with stainless, hence this post. We have no big box...
  18. Verdeboy

Anchoring Into Metal Studs

I was at my brother's house recently, and he asked me to mount a pool cue rack on one of his basement walls. Turns out he has metal studs. I screwed the mounting brackets into these metal studs using sheet metal screws, but they didn't feel very secure. The only other thing I could think of...
  19. Verdeboy

My First Completed Song

Here's my first completed song--written, recorded, and produced by me. I also played all the instruments. Well, actually, the instruments are all virtual instruments, but I did come up with the arrangement and did the vocals. Turn on your speakers, cuz the song starts immediately...
  20. Verdeboy

Electrical Options For Garbage Disposal Install

I need to install a garbage disposal, but there's no outlet under the sink. The closest outlet is to the right of the dishwasher. You can see from pic 1 that the dishwasher is plugged into the top of this outlet. I offered to tap into this outlet and install a toggle switch a few feet above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks