Search results

1. Tickridgescott

When submersible pump runs my house is noisy

thanks bob for covering warranty on pump. Yes... i was talking about "running pressure" Holds at 54 psi, my shut off is at 57. But it takes 70 seconds to reach shut off after the tap is closed. It is very nice.
  2. Tickridgescott

I figured it out. I had put a check valve in right before the tank inside the house. When I did this last summer (when hooking up my water system) I was given that advice from a neighbor. I removed it last night and now I can not even tell if the pump is on or off unless i put my ear right on...
  3. Tickridgescott

We have a small house. 86 gallon pressure tank (about 23 gallon drawdown@ 35-55 psi). When pump cuts in the hum of the motor/water entering tank is loud throughout the house. Not terrible, but a minor annoyance. Can I do anything to quiet this? I THINK it is the tank but maybe the pipes...
  4. Tickridgescott

Do Pumps usually have a warranty?

I am wondering if submersible pumps usually have a warranty. I bought one this past fall and installed it. I was still building the house at the time and the pump did not run hardly at all till three weeks ago when moved in. A couple days ago we stopped getting water. It is in a cistern so...
  5. Tickridgescott

got the pump out today - now...

I removed the submersible 2 wire 230 volt pump from the cistern at the spring tonight. I want to fill up a 50 gallon garbage can and try to run it (cycling the water back into the can). Will this ruin the pump? The pump is a 4 gallon per minute 1/2 HP 2 wire pump 230 v. Betta Flo Pump. My...
  6. Tickridgescott

pump sounds locked up.

yes i have a flow inducer sleeve. No there are no valves after the pump. Basically, this pump pumps water (when called for per float switches) up to a 5000 gallon cistern up top at the house. Under normal circumstances, the pump comes on and runs for 20-25 minutes, draining out 125...
  7. Tickridgescott

pump sounds locked up.

oh one more thing..... when i hear the motor come on it is loud but not pumping any water.
  8. Tickridgescott

pump sounds locked up.

I have a submersible pump inside of a 300 gallon holding tank at my spring. It's been in for 2 weeks and was running fine until today. It now makes a loud sound and comes on for 20 seconds and then shuts off by itself (obviously the thermal overload protection). I am going to have to go down...
  9. Tickridgescott

relief valve plumbing

I have a relief valve (75 psi) hooked near my pressure tank. I want to know if I can plumb it directly into the waste line. Someone told me that it may introduce bacteria into the potable water system. I have a central drain located on the floor of the utility room several feet away from...
  10. Tickridgescott

insulating underground water line

tough to do some of those. I rented a trencher last weekend to install the pipe. It is a 1350 foot run. There is a 500 foot section that is a very steep drop through the woods and going down that hill with a trencher was really scary, especially on the slick mud. A backhoe or trackhoe would...
  11. Tickridgescott

insulating underground water line

the water line i am burying from my spring to the cisterns should be 16" deep in my area. In some places I am only able to trench down 6 inches because of VERY HARD ground/rock. I need to make sure this does not freeze. Anybody know of a way to do this. It's probably 200 feet of line where...
  12. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

Thanks. That makes sense. I wasn't even considering that the drawdown capacity would get less as pressures rise. When I receive and install this csv160 I will report back on here my experiences with it.
  13. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

Almost every person i know that has a well system uses 20/40 or 30/50 pressure settings. I just ordered a 60 psi csv. That means I am going to be setting my differential to something like 45 to 50 / 65 or so off. Geez, why would not EVERYONE use higher pressure. I can't figure that out...
  14. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

I have order the csv160 from speedbump. The evidence for saving the equipment, the water system, etc from a small investment of a csv is overwhelming. Thanks for all the input from everyone.
  15. Tickridgescott

BOB (speedbump)

Bob, I just wanted to say thanks very much for your efforts to straighten out the mis-order from the manufacturer. FYI to others on this forum: I joined this forum several months ago to do research before installing my water system at the property where I am building our house. I recently...
  16. Tickridgescott

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

I am a bathroom remodeller. Last year I was installing a Champion toilet for my customer (as part of the bathroom remodel) because she had specified it. The specific directions read that you are suppose to tighten the tank down to where it just barely makes contact to the bowl china. So I am...
  17. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

Does anyone know the consequences of going from 50 psi to 60 psi on plumbing: pipes, valves, faucets, etc. Maybe I am just being over anxious here, but it seems that the more pressure that is always on the system, the faster things (like bladder tanks, or other things in the system: pipe...
  18. Tickridgescott

choosing a submersible pump

rancher...... My spring is running about 500 gallons per day in dry weather and 900 to 1000 gallons per day in other times. It fills a 300 gallon tank and then pumps (if the float switch calls) up to the house cisterns. actually, it is not all hooked up yet. I just developed the spring 2...
  19. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

Thanks for all the info. A couple more questions: if i move to a 60 psi setting on a csv (meaning i would actually change the pressure switch settings to something like (52/62), will my 1/2 hp 10GS05 (10gpm) pump be able to keep up? What I mean to ask is.... would it be better to stay...
  20. Tickridgescott

choosing a submersible pump

Speedbump.... question Speedbump..... The pump i ordered came just fine, however, i thought it was supposed to be a franklin motor. It is some brand I don't even recall that is made in taiwan. Am I missing something here? Did franklin make this motor? thanks, Scott
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks