Search results

1. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

Boiler was working this morning and for the past 8 years. Now the controller reads Standby. No other activity. Primary Controller Honeywell R7284 P1080 on STANDBY Software Version 19 TT On, Limit Open, Cad Cell 999999 Ohms Cad Cell Last Cycle 426 Ohms Last 10 Cycles 398 ohms...
  2. FMcCracken

Regulating Hot Water Temperature and Aquastat ?!?

I manage 4 townhouses which have identical plumbing systems/ layouts. So, if a problem comes up in one unit, there's a good chance that it's bound to come up in the others. This solution can potentially be applied to each of the 4 townhouses, which are only 5 years old. One client is telling...
  3. FMcCracken

Burnham Boiler Pauses Making Hot Water

We have a Burnham MegaSteam Boiler MST629. It provides steam to radiators and hot water to 3 full bathrooms. There is no recirculating pump. The wait for hot water really isn't that bad. Boiler kicks in 20 seconds after a hot water is turned on and stays on as long as the valve is open. The...
  4. FMcCracken

Radiant Heat Mechanics

I'm a contractor in NYC and have a client whose radiant heat hasn't worked well for the past 4 years. The system was installed 16 years ago. I think its been a problem since the beginning but when an actuator failed, it focused his attention. 3 Zones - A. Master Bath Floor + B. Powder Room...
  5. FMcCracken

McDonnel 67 etc

I have a year old Burnham MegaSteam boiler MST629. Full disclosure - it was installed on the cheap. Part 1: Old unit, a Peerless, had a McDonnel Series 67 Low Water cut-off which I used to flush for 3 secs, until it ran clear, once/ week. The new Burnham uses a CycleGard Low water cut-off...
  6. FMcCracken

Lead Pan and Repair

We recently completed a project where our plumber installed a lead shower pan. Now, the client would like to change the drain to a different type rough which requires penetrating the lead pan. Plumber says he can't warranty the modification because of penetrating the lead pan and he would...
  7. FMcCracken

Boiler Still Cycling On @ 80*

We have a steam radiant heat system, oil fed, with hot water on demand - no hot water storage tank. It's been in the 70's and 80's for the past few weeks. We noticed at night, when it's quiet, we can hear the steam pipe vents hissing. What??? I figured the thermostat was set high due to a cool...
  8. FMcCracken

Telescoping Pot Filler

I have a client who is getting a cooktop installed on/ in an island countertop. One compromise he's made for the island location is that he won't be getting a pot filler. The wall mounted units fold back so they are fine for cooktops along a wall. However, with an island cooktop, the deck...
  9. FMcCracken

Shower Valves, Diverters, Code, USA

Folks, I'm a GC in NYC. We have a great client who knows what he wants and pushes real hard to get it. The pay is pretty good so I don't mind putting in the time to give him what he asks for. Here's the latest. He would like a two handle shower rough - one pressure balanced valve and one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks