Search results

1. Hcliffe

Leaking commode, cast iron flange

Thanks for all your help everyone. The culprit was #2 above, a small, seeping leak from the tank that was so small I didn't see it, ran down along the bowl and under the base, never leaving the floor wet. I tried new washers in the tank, new bolts, new large gasket. Still leaked. Put bolt...
  2. Hcliffe

Great input, thanks for taking the time to post. I probably used the wrong terminology; instead of flare repair kit, I was thinking of trying this item: OATEY4 in. PVC Twist-N-Set Open Toilet Flange Also, I didn't see any shims. Good list of possibilities! For #1, the Oatey item above should...
  3. Hcliffe

Interesting thought, because about a week ago, it WAS leaking from the tank. I saw it and replaced the bolt washers inside and under the tank, and also the large washer between the tank and the bowl. I've been watching it closely and thought it was fixed. It its not fixed now, I can't imagine...
  4. Hcliffe

Would a "repair flange" possibly do the trick? It would go down inside the CI pipe, then expand, correct? How much of the old CI flange would I need to remove first, given the old flange is too low to start with?
  5. Hcliffe

I'm sure the flange is too far down. It's and old condo and a ceramic tile floor has been installed, so I'm sure the floor is higher now. Yes, both rings were spread out. Haven't looked for cracks in the bowl, I need to do that. I can try 2 wax rings but I'm wondering if the CI pipe is cracked...
  6. Hcliffe

Not sure I can get a garden hose up there but understand your point. However this thing is leaking with the toilet just sitting with water in the tank. And when I pulled the toilet there was no visible blockage or backup of water in sight.
  7. Hcliffe

Recently purchased a condo, moved in yesterday. Today while there I felt a drip on my head from the ceiling. The upstairs bathroom is right above that. Went up there nothing visible. Turned off water to the toilet, cut into the drywall ceiling. Water dripping from cast iron pipe at the floor...
  8. Hcliffe

What type of backflow device is this?

That was a very helpful video, thanks much!
  9. Hcliffe

Thanks much! Mine is leaking from the bottom vent after they replaced the rubber gaskets. Trying to debate what to do next.
  10. Hcliffe

The sprinkler company came out, said my BF failed pressure test. Offered to rebuild internals. He did so and now it leaks from the pressure valve at the bottom. Rather than pay their high labor and material cost, I figure I could replace it myself as long as I shut off the water inside...
  11. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

I appreciate everyone's input. The diagram that "Reach4" made is exactly my situation. I will eliminate the wye fitting and replace it with the double fixture fitting. Will that fix the siphoning trap problem? Or do I also have to fix the "too many turns in the trap arm" problem to eliminate...
  12. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

So I really can't just go into the side of the sink because that would still be 2 90's for a total of 180. I guess I'm not sure how to run the trap if I put the sink where I want it.
  13. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

Thanks Terry I follow now.
  14. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

Thanks for the input everyone. I will re-do this with the double fixture fitting. Terry, I'm not sure what you are referring to with the 135 and 180 degrees. Are you talking about the PVC I ran from the vertical pipe vent to wear the sink drain will be? Are you saying there are too many turns...
  15. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

Good to know, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I will re-do it.
  16. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

Doesn't the piece I used work just like a double fixture?
  17. Hcliffe

Sink rough in question

I am installing a utility sink in my basement. The small horizontal pipe on the left is from the bathroom sink. The 2" vertical pipe goes up thru the floor and down into the concrete floor. I assume it is just a vent for the basement sink, not sure. I posted this "before" picture on another...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks