Search results

1. Chris Wagner

Advice on moving vanity to new wall

Hello all, My master bathroom needs re done. Previously it had a huge Jacuzzi tub that was used once in 3 years. I would like to remove and make the shower bigger. However to do this, the best way would be to switch the vanity to a different wall and turn the toilet. With previous setup, there...
  2. Chris Wagner

Ptrap orientation

Hello, Installing new vanity. Obviously the pipe from wall is not lined up with new sink/drain. Is it OK to install as shown? Thanks
  3. Chris Wagner

Help identifying pipe and reconfiguration

Hello all, This is in my basement. Previous owners had ran the bathroom exhaust fan into this. I went to remove that and try to run it outside on its own. However when I did that the pipe itself started leaking from the taped joints. Can someone identify exactly what this is? and what steps...
  4. Chris Wagner

Caulk base of Toilet

Hello , Finally got the Drake installed but was curious. Is there any other reason to caulk toilet to floor. I don't mind the look without caulk. Thanks
  5. Chris Wagner

Drake 2 vs Entrada

Hello, I have read back through a bunch of threads. Trying to find a toilet for Kids Bathroom. Is the only difference that the Drake 2 has CEFIONTECT and the double rinse feature? Other than that they look similar with the Drake 2 tank looking a little wider? About a $120 difference between...
  6. Chris Wagner

Raising toilet Flange

Hello, I'm putting in a tile floor in this bathroom and from reading on here it seems its better to raise the flange rather than use extenders. However when I went to take a look at current setup it looks like the flange has been broken for some time now and seems like the 90 elbow goes...
  7. Chris Wagner

Delta 17 series low flow tub

Hello, I installed a Delta 17 series cartridge for new bathroom remodel but the flow rate seems low. I tested using a 5 gallon bucket. Bathroom on second floor. 60PSI at entry to house. Test cap hot&cold on= 7.5gpm Test cap hot only =4.35gpm Test cap cold only= 4.8gpm Cartridge...
  8. Chris Wagner

PEX or copper

Hello, I have done endless research on these. Believe they are both fine systems so this isn't a question about that. I'm remodeling 2 bathrooms, both share a wet wall, Was all set to order the wirsbro setup, etc Then I was thinking after buying the tool, piping (100ft min) , etc it would...
  9. Chris Wagner

Recommended Handhelds

Hello, We were thinking of using a handheld on a slide bar only. I know everyone has their preference but was hoping to get some recommendations. This is a tub/shower , I was thinking of using same company valve and trim. Seems most(delta,grohe,moen hansgrohe),etc have a universal rough in...
  10. Chris Wagner

Tub Drain Install

Hello, Im replacing the tub in kids bathroom on second floor. Plans were to cut current drain p trap out. Then dry fit tub and use measurements to assemble everything so I can set tub down and attach. OR would it just best easier to attach overflow and waste to the tub, set the tub, then open...
  11. Chris Wagner

Moving Vent Pipe

Hello, Redoing kids bathroom. Where the tub will stop and the CBU would stop there are no studs. However the vent pipe runs directly up at the 30" mark. Could I reconfigure the vent pipe shown in drawing then install stud next to it and sister a stud most of the length so I have something to...
  12. Chris Wagner

30" or 32" tub in 5x8 bathroom

Hello, We are remodeling the kids bathroom. Previously was 30" builders grade tub. I we wondering if its worth it to add a 32" tub? I currently have 18" to toilet. Kids mostly shower and seems the basin area is same with 30 or 32", looks like you can space at the top. Anyone have any thoughts...
  13. Chris Wagner

Shower Leak, pipe questions and future planning

Hello. Sorry if this is long but thought I would combine threads. #1- Recently demo the kids bathroom. The kids bathroom had a tub/shower combo. The plumbing wall shares with the master bathroom. Once the wall was open I noticed the back of greenboard for master bathroom had a little leak. You...
  14. Chris Wagner

Ordering Toto Online?

Hello, So after reading on here all the positive reviews about Toto, I called around today to see if anyone sells them for our bathroom remodel. I called 5 local plumbing supply houses. Only one had one and they wanted $500 for the Drake II. All others just said NO and actually questioned why I...
  15. Chris Wagner

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Venting

Hello, Im remodeling our kids second floor 5x8 bathroom. We need to replace the fan. I went up in the attic and the current fan has a 3" duct running to the soffit, it just lays there. No vent cap . The plywood under the roof has just light traces of dust/lint. No mold,black spots etc. The duct...
  16. Chris Wagner

Renovating Bathroom- Electrical Code

Hello all, Recently demoed our 5x8 kids second floor bathroom. Currently it has one receptacle that is tied in with the master bathroom receptacles and then run to a GFCI receptacle in the garage. The lights and fans are on a separate circuit. The only thing we are adding is a recessed light...
  17. Chris Wagner

Understanding Furnace Drain

Hello, I have long lurked on here finally have a question I cant find. Recently had some leaking from Whole house humidifier. It leaked at the actually humidifier and seemed to leak at this drain. I turned off the humidifier for now until the it gets replaced. Does this drain look setup...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks