Search results

1. AP1

Can you lubricate Pfister cartridges - when the handle is hard to turn?

Is it possible to lubricate Pfister faucets/cartridges? I've done that for years with Moen cartridges -- turn water valves off, pull the cartridge out, remove the center shaft, lube the o-rings with silicone grease, reinstall, good as new. It's much more economical than buying a new valve every...
  2. AP1

Recommended basic tub/shower faucets?

This forum steered me to an awesome new toilet (Toto Entrada). I'm wondering if the same thing can happen for a replacement tub/shower faucet. I want to have an old Delta "ball" faucet replaced. It's the kind where you pull the "ball" up or down to change pressure while turning it to change...
  3. AP1

Caulking technique - smooth with wet finger or don't touch?

I'm ready to caulk the base of my new toilet. I don't caulk a lot, and I always debate whether it's better to use the "wet" technique where you apply the caulk then smooth it out with a wet finger (dipping in clean water often) or use the "dry" technique where you just apply the caulk, hope you...
  4. AP1

Flange not fastened to the floor at all?

I was just about finished replacing the toilet that's been in our house since we moved in over 20 years ago. Imagine my surprise when I started tightening down the closet bolts, the toilet started snugging up, I kept tightening, but the toilet wasn't getting any tighter. I decided to test what...
  5. AP1

Proper flange bolt/washer/nut order?

I'm going to install a new Toto Entrada very soon (replacing an existing toilet). Jamie's installation instructions in this forum are excellent. However, I have one big question. What is the proper order for putting on the flange bolt, washer(s) and nut. I'm not clear about what goes below the...
  6. AP1

Entrada, Eco Drake or Drake II?

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my first post on this forum. I'm grateful for your knowledge and insights. I've been super impressed by this forum since I started considering Toto toilets a couple years ago. You folks are amazing! Second, I've decided to get a Toto, but I'm having a...
  7. AP1

Questions before I get a Toto Drake...

I'm nearly convinced, from Terry's web site and reviews I've read, to buy a Toto Drake to replace a very old 3+ gallon flush toilet in our home. Before I do, I have an observation and then some questions... Observation We have a Drake elongated, comfort height, WaterSense toilet at work. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks