Search results

1. Henry Ramsey

OT - Anyone know what happened to Johnbridge.com

Sorry for the OT question, but I wonder if anyone who participates here and at JohnBridge.com might know what happened? Their site comes up server not found today.
  2. Henry Ramsey

What is this thing called?

Hey all. I just wondered if someone knows what this thing is called? It's leaking. I'm sure it's a something owned by the City of Houston. It was installed following our street being widened and new drainage sewers water mains etc being added but I don't know what to label it as in local 311...
  3. Henry Ramsey

Supplier(s) of 1-1/2 PEX for hot and cold

My condominium association in Houston just finished replacing the original 1-1/2" galvanized hot water line in one of our four buildings with CPVC but now we want cold side done too since we have 6 peoples' ceilings open. People are wondering why we did not use PEX from the start. The plumbing...
  4. Henry Ramsey

Advice on camera inspection of plumbing

Hey all, I am writing for advice on checking some plumbing for breaks and/or leaks. A couple weeks ago I asked about some gurgling etc following a sewer line clog at the condo community I live at and of which I am the President of the association. Another unit along that same block of...
  5. Henry Ramsey

Condominium sewer line overflow skipped one unit in row

Hey all, I live in a condo in Houston. These were built in about 1971 as apartments and resemble townhomes rather than condos. The units are three sizes: 3 bdrm w/ 2 full separate bathrooms up, 1/2 down 3 bdrm w/ 1 sink+commode - tub - sink+1 commode up (hollywood bath), 1/2 down 2 bdrm 1...
  6. Henry Ramsey

Question about costs to replace galvanized with CPVC for hot water

I'm in Houston area. I am elected President and de facto property manager of a small 30 unit condominium community the buildings of which were originally built in about 1971. We have the whole gambit of construction issues from that era including aluminum wire, FPE breakers, cast iron...
  7. Henry Ramsey

CPVC in ceiling

Just a fast question. I posted a photo. Is this too much flex on this piece of CPVC for hot water? It is in a living room ceiling. I'm the President of the HOA and have replaced this length of galvanized pipe with new CPVC. So far no other issues, but before we have the ceiling buttoned up...
  8. Henry Ramsey

Bathroom sink tailpiece rubber gasket will not fit properly

So I have a bathroom sink I just installed with new tile countertop etc. Standard Kohler Glacier Bay sink from Home Depot. Original glued in pipe had a 45 bend in it which was not allowing the new sink to align with it. Cut all of that off and installed new plumbing from wall out. I put the...
  9. Henry Ramsey

45 yr old condo - long time for water to get hot

Hi all. I was wondering what the options are to locate the reason for low hot water pressure in our hot water system of our condominium. I'm on the HOA board, and we have two buildings being served by a single 80(I think) gallon heater and a circulating pump. The water heater was installed...
  10. Henry Ramsey

Removing old non-slip appliques from tub

Hey all, I have a 40+ year old condo in Houston, Tx. In our hallway bathroom the 1970s flower shaped non-slip appliques have fallen apart and come up, but the adhesive part is still stuck down to the tub. I posted a photo. I've tried to peel them off but they're stuck down firm. I don't want...
  11. Henry Ramsey

Cost to install new valve - galvanized steel to copper?

Hey all, I'm in a 40+ year old condo in Houston, Tx and we have galvanized steel water pipes. I plan to update our hallway tub/shower and I have to change out the valve body too. For this I obviously need to hire a plumber. My question is ass-u-me-ing that all things go right how much should...
  12. Henry Ramsey

Toilet flange advice

Hi all, I need help with anchoring a flange to a hardened concrete floor that's uneven around the base of the drain. About 5 years ago I made a temporary repair to my neighbors toilet flange. The old cast iron flange (that was leaded on) was busted in two and I replaced it with a new...
  13. Henry Ramsey

converting galvanized to copper

I'm curious about the costs of going from galvanized to copper pipes. I live in a 30+ year old townhome that was converted from apartments in the 70s. The buildings are probably closer to 35-40 years old(tax records say they were build in 65 or 69). We have galvanized pipes throughout and...
  14. Henry Ramsey

cast iron shower drain

I am remodelling an upstairs shower in a 30+ year old condo. I was originally just going to re-tile the walls and curb, but that plan fell through when the curb fell apart with the tiles. It was made from mortar with clay bricks as a base. The showerpan liner was over the top of the curb and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks