Search results

1. Sprinkler

Well pump losing flow

Hi, I have a 4" pump (mod SM-3-22) in a 60 meter well. The water outlet on the pump is 4 cm diameter and there is 4cm pipe from the pump to the well surface. Then there is 2cm (or 2,5 cm ?) pipe from the well to the house. The pump specifications: L/H 2400 - 600; max lift - 105 meters; RPM -...
  2. Sprinkler

Did dead mouse cause boiler to turn on?

We have a Domusa MCF - DXV sealed room boiler, and yesterday on returning to the house, found that the boiler had turned itself on, rads were hot and DHW also hot. And the pressure was at almost 4 bars. First, I turned off the boiler on/ off switch, but it stayed on anyway, so had to disconnect...
  3. Sprinkler

How to connect PEX to galvanized half inch pipe?

Hi, I have a leak in a galvanized half inch pipe, and I want to replace some of this old pipe with pex. I will try to unscrew the 90º elbow (as in photo), and connect the pex directly to the threaded galvanized pipe. The problem is the fittings for pex are brass which isn't compatible with the...
  4. Sprinkler

water supply valve for gas boiler not fully closing

Hi, In my Saunier Duval gas boiler, the pressure continues to rise even after closing the filling valve. After removing the valve, I see that there is only plastic to plastic contact to fully close the valve. I'd like to know if the filling cock Part Number: 1416139, includes a washer to shut...
  5. Sprinkler

frankin 1hp pump not starting up, but using electricity

Hi, I dropped a 1hp Franklin pump down to around 47 meters, and after connecting the 35 mf capacitor, I switch on and I see the electric meter in the house runs noticibly faster, but the pump is silent. The 2 poles of the capacitors are live when the pump is on. But maybe I'm missing something...
  6. Sprinkler

connecting electric cable for 50 meter pump?

Hi, today I tried to connect 4 wire cable ( 1 earth + 3) with resin in a torpedo shaped container. A disaster. I had done this without problems before, maybe it was a different make of resin...though today one cable being flat did leak resin, and you had to squeeze the plastic bag like mad to...
  7. Sprinkler

Using a 1" reduction for 1,25 inch pump water outlet?

Hi, I have an underground 25mm (1" external dia.) pipe running from the well to the house, and I'd like to connect a pump which has a 1,25" outlet. Is it possible to use a reduction adaptor ( 1,25" to 1") next to the pump? Or alternatively, I was thinking of installing the same diameter...
  8. Sprinkler

Well pump lifts water 54 m , but only submergible to 7m

Hi, I'm interested in buying a specific water pump for a 60 metre well - I want to install the pump at 25 metres from the surface- the pump in question has a max water lift of 54 m and a submergible limit of only 7 metres. I want to install the pump at 25 metres from the surface, so a total lift...
  9. Sprinkler

Replacing 1m length of sewer pipe with suspected cement blockage

Hi, I want to replace an approx. 1 meter section of sewer drain with a suspected blockage of dried cement (from a new extension building project). My question is what would the exact procedure be, if for example, the pipe is 15 cm in diameter? Would I just use a 1 meter length of new 15cm pipe...
  10. Sprinkler

Understanding pump - comparing specifications

Hi, I was wondering about the meaning of some pump specifications. For example, there is 1 pump for around 90 euros - Spec: 900w, Head lift: 36m, pressure 3.6 bar. 5,200 Liters/h, anti-return valve, heat protection. Then compare that to another pump for around 100 euros: Head-lift: 50m, 1200...
  11. Sprinkler

Is a heat pump neccessary for closed loop geothermal installation?

Hi, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to run the DHW pipe under the ground before reaching taps and Boiler), and run this looped plastic pipe in a 2 meter deep x 50 meter long trench underground. Then this pipe would deliver water to the oil boiler (and hot taps). I would be thinking...
  12. Sprinkler

Can mice enter sealed room boiler from outside the house?

I have a problem with mice getting inside a sealed room boiler - I have sealed the garage door and some other possible entry points around the garage, but I was wondering if it might also be possible for a mouse to climb into the boiler through the horizontal flue, which is only a couple of...
  13. Sprinkler

How to protect well pump from dry running?

Hi, I want to install a 1hp pump in a 60 meter (about 180 feet) water well. I have 3 questions: 1. I prefer not to use the 3 probe sensors, so can you recommend a good electronic pump protection kit so as to prevent dry running? 2. The pump outlet is 4 cm - would it be acceptable to use...
  14. Sprinkler

Sealed room boiler - water supply

I have a sealed room boiler (with built-in hot water tank) which takes the water supply (for hot tap water) from an attic tank. I have a system in the house which turns on the heating at around 5 degrees celcius, in the case that the house is empty and the weather gets very cold, so as to avoid...
  15. Sprinkler

Water pressure switch to protect well pump?

Water (or vacuum?) pressure switch to protect well pump? Hi, I have a well pump at about 25 meters from the surface, and I need to install some kind of protection for the pump to avoid dry running. My system is as follows: The pump (approx 1HP) feeds a gravity water tank in the attic which...
  16. Sprinkler

Water level sensor connections

Hi, I have a water level sensor which uses 3 probes. The connections for the 3 probes are simple enough, as is the power supply connection. But my diagram doesn't explain clearly how to connect the actual pump itself. Please see the attached photos. And help greatly appreciated. The...
  17. Sprinkler

Adding booster pump to combi boiler?

Hi, My boiler is in a house with a well so the water pressure is just less than 1 bar, and my combi boiler needs between 1 and 1.5 bar. The boiler has a small tap which you have to open when you want to increase the pressure, so if I add a booster pump I assume I would have to leave that tap...
  18. Sprinkler

Inserting toilet into pipe with rubber sleeve

I want to insert a new toilet into a pvc pipe by using a rubber sleeve but I think it might be a tight fit. Is there any household type lubricant, cream (or even soapy water?) I could use with the rubber sleeve to make it easier to fit? Thanks
  19. Sprinkler

Using instant cement to join PVC and plastic pipe?

I want to join a 110 mm PVC pipe to an old plastic toilet sewer pipe under the ground. The thing is the PVC pipe is 110 mm and the internal size of the plastic pipe is around 120mm, so I was thinking of just inserting the smaller PVC pipe about 4 or 5 inches inside the bigger pipe, and using...
  20. Sprinkler

Purging air takes so long...

Recently I added a few rads to my OFCH system and 2 rads don't get hot. I have been letting air out of one of the cold rads, hooking up a plastic tube to the bleed nipple and placing the end in a bucket of water, so I can clearly see the air bubbles. I have already drawn off a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks