Search results

1. Tuttles Revenge

Depth of Water Main

While I'm not super familiar with Canadian code, I would imagine that there isn't a minimum depth for a water line once its within the building. If its copper it could be traced to where it comes into the home.
  2. Tuttles Revenge

Washlet+ promenade versus Connelly

The washlet won't change the flushing ability of a toilet at all. Here is another Toto Washlet+ you might consider. https://www.totousa.com/guinevere-washlet-plus-s7a-one-piece-toilet-128-gpf
  3. Tuttles Revenge

Easy Tub to Shower Conversion

I think what you're asking for is a replacement tub spout that has a shower hose attachement. This is one example HERE I would be concerned that the shower surface wasn't designed to be water proof for a shower.
  4. Tuttles Revenge

TOTO Neorest MS950CG Leak q’s

Sorry I don't. But if you go to the Toto.com website and click on <Products> <Neorest> <LS or any neorest> a list of showrooms will be displayed on "where to buy".. If any of them are plumbing shops that also service neorest then they might have parts leftover. I would still call Toto first...
  5. Tuttles Revenge

Basement Bathroom Wet Vent + AAV

Almost there. I believe that All connections to the horizontal wet vented system must be made with horizontal connections, So the sink WYE should be horizontal then 90 up.. One fixture, your tub/shower may be upstream of that dry vented fixture. **EDIT** This is where my understanding the...
  6. Tuttles Revenge

My kingdom for another 1/2" from the wall

That ID of 2.75 is worrisome.. I wouldn't cut it til I had a really good plan of how to attach a new flange. My typical go to for a flange too close to a wall or a side, is just to fudge the toilet over as far as it can on the bolts, ensuring that I still have a wax seal coverage and the toilet...
  7. Tuttles Revenge

Back to back bathrooms

Yeah, more specific information is needed to get a better idea of the layout and structure. I always look to how to plumb with horizontal wet venting ever since it was introduced in our area in '06. Still find it odd that the IPC allows double wye/combi on the horizontal.. unless that drawing...
  8. Tuttles Revenge

Shower drain not flush with pan. Possibly installed wrong?

I'm not really familiar with that drain, but it looks like it could unscrew from the top. I think the underside is glued to the pipe. I think I installed that type of drain once back in the early 90s for a very specific application. We (my company) only install brass bodied drains now.
  9. Tuttles Revenge

Back to back bathrooms

One odd thing to note in their drawing is the use of a double Combination WYE on its back. Generally not allowed because its technically installed flat from side to side, but some jurisdictions recognize that if a street 45 is installed to make up for that pitch the loss of grade in that 2...
  10. Tuttles Revenge

Back to back bathrooms

It appears from my reading that KY allows 2 bathroom groups in horizontal wet venting which is typically the simplest installation method and easily accommodates back to back toilets. Here is the example given in the 2018 IPC for KY
  11. Tuttles Revenge

My kingdom for another 1/2" from the wall

Very likely that is a compression closet flange and the bolts were threaded into a cast iron ring that sandwiched a rubber gasket
  12. Tuttles Revenge

Shower drain not flush with pan. Possibly installed wrong?

The black rubber gasket is supposed to be installed under the pan. The area that it occupies is supposed to be filled with putty or silicone.
  13. Tuttles Revenge

Antique tub faucet name and safe remove

Identifying the manufacture would be the first thing to do with detailed photos. Typically these can be repaired with new parts from the exterior. The handle comes off the stem, then the escutcheon or cover comes off which exposes the packing nut and stem nut. Special wrenches are used for...
  14. Tuttles Revenge

Advice needed: Toilet flange in deck mud floor

I think the assumption we (most) all had was that your flange was glued in and that your proposed thickness of mud and tile would leave the flange too high above the finished floor. Stainless or brass screws are preferred, but stainless is usually more readily available.
  15. Tuttles Revenge

Same thing I think. just different ways of saying it. I think we were answering at the same time initially. I was just rushing out the door to meet my guys starting a new project
  16. Tuttles Revenge

Only fixtures that are part of the bathroom group may drain through the horizontal wet vent system. The toilet needs to be wye'd off of the horizontal wet vented portion and only 1 fixture can be upstream of the dry vented fixture. So it would need to be downstream of the sink drain...
  17. Tuttles Revenge

Advice needed: Toilet flange in deck mud floor

Looks like that should work.. may be a tad high.. I prefer flush to just atop finished floor with metal flanges. Too high causes interference issues. If the base of the flange won't be resting on the finish, then I would drill it and get it dialed in.. way easier now than later. In either case...
  18. Tuttles Revenge

TOTO Neorest MS950CG Leak q’s

*edit* Toto no longer offers in home or factory service for the N500 or the N600. Nobody will have access to the internal parts for any Neorest. They are all supplied from the factory to their network of authorized repair technicians.
  19. Tuttles Revenge

Brass Compression Coupling

Lets start with some more information. Where is the copper pipe located? Inside the house or outside in the ground? Is the copper pipe hard drawn or soft anealed? Why are you coupling it together? Did it break, was it crushed or was it cut with a tool? Why are you wanting to use compression...
  20. Tuttles Revenge

Question about banging pipes

Gate valves need to be OPEN or CLOSED every time they're used. Never left in the middle because the Gate gets worn out by the water passing by. When you replace it, get a Full Port Ball Valve installed instead of a gate valve.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks