Search results

1. J Blow

Washing machine drain backed up .. Stumped

Installed a washing machine in as pretty typical fashion 10 years ago and had no problems until yesterday when it stopped draining. Pulled the machine out and it's clearly the drain as the line to machine is clear and water is standing to the top of the pipe where the drain hose enters. I can...
  2. J Blow

Pressure Tank / Toilet issue

So does it sound possible it's just a pressure issue, though? Would it be possible that the toilet valve isn't refilling when the water level drops but then starts refilling after water is run and be anything but a pressure issue? That's what is confusing me.
  3. J Blow

Pressure Tank / Toilet issue

My knowledge of pressure tanks is very limited so what I think is happening (and using the right terms is another issue) may be just a generally uninformed senseless thought....but I'm guessing others can give me an idea of this is possible and what the fix is, if not. So, have a standard...
  4. J Blow

Lowering P trap for tub drain clearance...?

So the tub should dump into the right side of the u bend and drain on the left? Right now it's draining into the left from the tub and out on the right.
  5. J Blow

Right now there's 2 inches of pipe in there... I'm pretty sure I have room to cut it down to one so I think this will work. Thanks!
  6. J Blow

If I'm understanding correctly, this is ok as long as the area between the 2 red lines is less than 4"? Right now it's exactly 4 inches and I do have room to cut it down another inch or so. Thanks!
  7. J Blow

Maybe a picture is worth a thousand words... Is this ok?
  8. J Blow

I'm replacing an old standard tub with a 2 piece freestanding tub so purchased a Maax F2 drain system where you install a receptacle type piece in the floor where you can leave a tailpipe like piece on the tub and just drop it into the drain. My problem is that this unit, where it connects to...
  9. J Blow

Sch 40 between brass shower fitting and copper?

This is my biggest concern - especially the plastic being female Thanks for all the feedback here - guess I'll go with the sharkbite copper to brass!
  10. J Blow

This was my first choice but didn't have that available.
  11. J Blow

I am remodeling my bathroom and have put in a new shower mixer valve. The old one had a female fitting that the exit pipe to the shower head screwed into. The new one has a male fitting so it's male to male now. Am I ok to use a 1/2 x 1/2 sch 40 plastic pressure coupling to connect the two...
  12. J Blow

Moving Sink Trap Angle....options?

Good ideas.....but since I already have enough 'parts' to do this job 4 times I'll be able to dry fit it pretty closely. I'm just really questioning myself after reading over tons of others posing this question and not seeing someone thread on a coupler like this but instead cutting off the...
  13. J Blow

Reach4, it's too close to the wall to really risk cutting it for me. I am probably using the wrong term but the adapter is just a coupler that I am talking about threading on to the marvel....is really common. Feels too easy so probably wrong. Screw this on my trap adapter and then glue in...
  14. J Blow

Photos attached. I went to the store and bought two sets of supplies - one is the double slip joint elbow I referenced above, the other is a threaded adapter that screws onto the marvel trap adapter so I can add a regular glued 22.5/45 pvc elbow and then glue another marvel trap adaptor to the...
  15. J Blow

Hi, Wayne. Thanks for the thoughts. That looks like it would work. I was hoping to get this done without having to order something and wait so if I'm not tied to code (but still want good function) what would be the options you could see with being able to use a second slip joint...
  16. J Blow

This is a pretty common question and the fact that I've read many of them and don't see the option I'm hoping for makes me think it isn't one...but here it goes. I moved a double sink vanity about 6-8 inches so now the wall drain location is just far enough away that the J trap won't adjust...
  17. J Blow

Freezing P Trap fix

You have it mostly correct - but your after picture is actually how it already was, which makes it hard to understand why it was freezing. Keep in mind that it was only freezing when it was well below zero (and probably a wind pounding on that side of the house. It also opens up into the house...
  18. J Blow

Freezing P Trap fix

I'm struggling to find an application I feel good about wrapping the pipe. It's 2" PVC and I'm not sure regular heat take is rated for that in both effectiveness and other specs. Afraid it might get too hot. Intrigued by the idea of putting a small heater in the but no idea what to consider...
  19. J Blow

Freezing P Trap fix

It's a VRBO. Needs a permanent fix. I just mostly wanted to be sure I wasn't really not considering something serious and using a heat tape fix or see if there were better solutions.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks