Search results

1. oldanbo

Garbage disposal plumbing. Done wrong

Thanks for that info, Terry. I think the doc is moving me to a bi-monthly infusion schedule. Should know in about three weeks. And thank you for asking. Dan
  2. oldanbo

Garbage disposal plumbing. Done wrong

I have a septic and wonder, shouldn't the D/W drain into the disposal. I'm probly confused a little chemo brain here.
  3. oldanbo

Gap between ceiling fan housing and ceiling

HEY, that's my fan! ;) HD or Lowes, I forget.
  4. oldanbo

Grab Bars

not quite what I envisioned, but, nice stuff. Thanks for the pics and info.
  5. oldanbo

Grab Bars

Where are the bars in this pic??? I don't see any. (I know, that's the point, right?) :cool: Can you point me to them, please? Thank you
  6. oldanbo

canada and showerstalls

The Mrs and I have been watching a couple of Holmes on Homes and we noticed something that appeared odd to us. It appears that the shower stalls all have a tub filler in them. Anyone know why? I'm guessing it's code in Canada, but still can't figure out why. Mrs says it's for easier shower...
  7. oldanbo

Replacement Anode for AO Smith

I'm probably the only one whose noticed it, so far.
  8. oldanbo

Replacement Anode for AO Smith

Having the same issue here. House built and w/h installed in 1997. AO Smith 50 or 55 gal with external recirc installed. Question is, any idea what I should expect to pay a plumber to replace anode? I'm gettin too old for doing some of this myself.
  9. oldanbo

forum font

Font and color, or lack thereof, are making it hard to enjoy for me.
  10. oldanbo

Replacement Windows?

one word MILGARD They have a lifetime warrantee and they stand behind it. My house was built using these windows and I did have one occasion to call them. The house was about 7 years old at the time, and one of the casement windows wouldn't close enough to lock, they were here in a day...
  11. oldanbo

What's the best way to "start up" a newly pumped septic tank?

what i was told by the septic tank guy. My wife and I are approaching 60. He said let the grandkids poo in it, we do, he said that their bacteria was stronger than ours and would "seed" it better than any commercial product. FWIW
  12. oldanbo

hard to wipe my a??

thank you for your responses. I do appreciate them. It is a medical condition, ruptured disc. Two neurologists say spinal neuropathy and they won't peform surgery for numbness, only pain. But doc I have both! No matter say they. Now I hope this thread dies a natural death. 'nough...
  13. oldanbo

hard to wipe my a??

Is a bidet seat the answer? I have a toto drake ada and it works fine. But, permit the indiscretion, I have a spinal problem that is making it harder to wipe. I don't mean to be gross, can anyone recommend a bidet seat to fit a toto drake? I never thought that I would reach this point, but...
  14. oldanbo

drip from tank bolt, Help!

thanks for catching my typos. I did mean nut and I never let a metal washer come into direct contact with Porceline/china/whatever. I always use a rubber washer either under or over the metal washer as appropriate. I did go to some hardware stores in the sticks where I live to try and...
  15. oldanbo

drip from tank bolt, Help!

:confused: I just installed my second Toto drake. This one for the guest bathroom. The first one I installed, about a year ago in the master bath, went without a hitch. This one has a slight drip from the right hand tank bolt that I cannot seem to stop no matter what I do. I used the...
  16. oldanbo

Drake Elongated ADA witih CEFIONTECT?

wonder why? that would have been my ideal combo. I think. why doesn't toto offer that combo?
  17. oldanbo

what to do with old toilet?

thanks Gary for the idea. maybe I'll just place an ad in the freebies section of the paper. I'm not looking to get any money for it, I'd just like it to find a good home. :D
  18. oldanbo

How does electric sprinkler valve work?

Yes, that's what I thought and I appreciate the detailed replies. Thanks :D
  19. oldanbo

what to do with old toilet?

thanks for the ideas, I'll give Habitat a call. I think the toilet meets code as it is a low flow. thanks again :)
  20. oldanbo

How does electric sprinkler valve work?

I am having a problem with what I believe to be a leak in my irrigation system. I called a professional to get an estimate for finding and fixing a leak. He proceeds to tell me how they check out all the wiring and solenoids and valves etc. "That's good" I think to myself, but the sprinklers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks