Search results

1. krang

New Softener - Seek Programming Advice

I'm not the expect, so correct if I am wrong. This part "250*25= 6250 * 8= 50,000 / 25= 2000 gals - 250= 1750 / 250 = 7 days" is correct for stretching 8lb dosage by 2000 grains (8lb dosage being 24,000/cuft = 48000 for 2cuft). The "50,000/ 3333=15.001 lbs." looks incorrect to me. The math...
  2. krang

Don't think it is a matter of right vs wrong...I'm the new guy to this. When I ran the numbers for 6lb dosage, I came up with a regen every 5.4 days with 1 day reserve. I would use a bit more water, but save ~6lbs in salt per month. Below is a clip of results from a spreadsheet I put together...
  3. krang

Been talking with Reach, seems 8lb dosage is what I will start with and experiment from there based on the meter and titration tests. At 8lb dosage I calculate a regen every 6.7 days with 1 day reserve. Salt required is 66lb/month. Calculated some numbers, would appreciate a check by the...
  4. krang

Reach, thank you for spelling it out for me - that is what I needed. Gary, I agree, 2.5cf would have been better, but there is a backstory on why I chose the 2cf. A local yocal water co tested my water at 16gpg. That made me go with a 2cf unit. After talking with a neighbor, they said they...
  5. krang

Looking for some advice on softener programming: Total chlorine: 1.8ppm Hach 5B hardness: 25gpg Iron: not detected 3/4" city water service, 20 micron pre-softener filter, 7.8GPM measured typical heavy usage flow rate. 2 adults, 4 kids (3-14), ~250G/day average usage over past 12 months...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks