Search results

1. WV Bob

Looking for tips sealing water to/from a tankless water heater

My bro-in-law is fighting a losing battle trying to connect 3/4" PEX to his tankless water heater. The water connection on the heater is 3/4" FNPT. The PEX fittings (Sioux Chief brand) are marked 3/4 IPT on the package so I think he's using the right size. There is no apparent thread damage...
  2. WV Bob

Splicing a leaking copper supply line with PEX

I've got a leaking 1/2" copper supply line that I've been trying to fix with Sharkbites and PEX. The problem I've run into is the copper line is basically fixed in place so there's no "wiggle room" to fit the PEX in after allowing for the Sharkbite installation depth. What I end up with is on...
  3. WV Bob

Finding the end of an exterior drain

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since it deals with an exterior drain I thought I'd try. I've got a trench across the front of a driveway that won't drain. It's about 20 feet wide, 12" deep, and 9" wide. We dug it up (6' deep!) and straightened it up some at the house, but...
  4. WV Bob

Can't stop leaking around flange

I've got a situation in a house I'm rehabbing that I don't seem to be able to get past, where the toilet leaks around the flange seal, keeping the floor wet. I noticed it first after a helper installed the toilet. The toilet looked like it had moved, because the bolt washers weren't vertical...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks